For the fourth year in a row Justin and I have challenged each other to a predictions competition. At the end of each year we make our predictions for the up-coming year and see how we did in your previous predictions. With the tie between us last year. Justin still hold a one point lead at 3-2.
Now let us see how we did on our 2012 predictions.
James 2012 Predictions
- Nintendo will re-introduce us to the Wii U at E3 2012. The Wii U will still have a few surprises for us. -Yes, a slightly redesigned GamePad and new games were shown off during E3. (Point)
- Nintendo will release the Wii U in the fall of 2012/early 2013. -Fall of 2012. – Yes (Point)
- The 3DS sales will continue to roll strong through 2012. -Strong compared to anything else out there. (Point)
- Star Fox will be announced. Wii U or 3DS. -Sadly, once again, no.
- New Super Smash Brothers will be shown off. - Talked about but not shown off.
- 3DS Pokemon game will be shown off and announced. - No
- Pikmin will finally see a release date/time frame. – Yes, sometime in 2013. (Point)
- Nintendo will talk new 3DS redesign. - More than talked but announced with the 3DS XL. (Point)
- Miyamoto will finally show off the game he has been working on. - No
- New 3DS Zelda game shown off. - No
James has 5 predictions right.
Justin 2012 predictions.
- Pikmin 3 will finally…finally be shown - It finally was! (Point)
- New Metroid title announced at E3- No
- Wii U release date will be just before the holidays, November 18, 2012, if Nintendo follows their past console launches - This one was right on the button. (Point)
- Donkey Kong Country Returns 2 announced - No
- Trailer for new 3DS Zelda to be shown at GDC 2012 - No
- 3DS Lite to be announced at TGS 2012 - No, pretty much the opposite was announced with the XL.
- Nintendo will announce a number of non-game apps for Wii U - Yes, Netflix, Amazon, YouTube, ect. (Point)
- Wii U will support at least 2 Wii U tablets for multiplayer – Nintendo says it does. No games yet. (Point)
- 3DS/Wii U connectivity announced - Kinda with Monster Hunter but not sure if you would call that connectivity.
- Next Pokemon RPG announced for 3DS - Sadly not yet but maybe soon.
Justin seems to only have 4 predictions right.
It seems like Justin and I are back tied at three a piece. Now let us check out our predictions for 2013.
James’ 2013 predictions
- A new Zelda game will be released.
- A new StarFox game will finally come out.
- Nintendo has been holding back a lot for the 3DS during the Wii U launch months. First half of 2013 will focus on 3DS. Second half on the Wii U.
- Pikmin will come out later than sooner, around the summer time.
- Nintendo will release another large patch, similar to the release patch, which will fix a lot of the issues surrounding the Wii U OS.
- GTA V will come to the Wii U.
- Something related to Smash Bros. will be shown off.
- New Metroid game will be shown off.
- A Music based game will make a comeback.
- Pure Nintendo magazine will have a powerful year.
Justin’s 2013 predictions
- The successor to Super Mario Galaxy to be shown
- Nintendo Network ID/Miiverse to be implemented on the 3DS
- GTA V announced for Wii U
- A small teaser for Smash Bros. (3DS/Wii U) will be shown in 2013
- Wii U Sports compilation announced
- 3DS Zelda to debut in some form in 2013
- Retro Studios to show off their next project
- Our first glimpse of Mario Kart on the Wii U
- Next Pokemon RPG announced for 3DS
- Wii U games utilizing 2 Wii U GamePads to be demoed in 2013
Who do you think will win in 2013? I guess we will have to wait until next year to break the tie.