The games we produce are small, smart, simple and elegantly designed. Being comprised of people who all enjoy many different aspects of gaming allows us to blend these different elements together until we find something that sticks, all in the name of creating an enjoyable video game experience. Everyone on our team is passionate about gaming, and strive to create games that are not only fun, but challenging.
We at Rain Games are proud to announce that our puzzle sidescroller game Teslagrad is now heading to the Wii U. This new version for our videogame joins the already announced releases, which will be available this fall (Q4 2013); PC Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and Playstation®3. Teslagrad will arrive to Nintendo’s eShop simultaneously with the other scheduled versions.
Teslagrad is a puzzle platformer with action elements, where magnetism and other electromagnetic powers are the key to the world’s challenges. Discover the secrets kept in the long abandoned Tesla Tower. Gain new abilities to explore a non-linear world with more than 100 beautiful hand-drawn environments, in a steampunk-inspired vision of old Europe. You play as a young boy who suddenly finds himself embroiled in a long-forgotten conspiracy, involving the despotic king who has ruled the nation with an iron fist for several years. Jump into an outstanding adventure told through voiceless storytelling. Armed with ancient Teslamancer technology and your own ingenuity and creativity, your path lies through the decrepit Tesla Tower and beyond.
– Complex puzzles! Put your sense of logic to the test and cleverly manipulate the world around you using electricity and magnetism, the lifeblood of the game. Puzzles will range from “pff, that wasn’t so bad” to keyboard-smashing, controller-chewing frustration.
– Explore! Make your way through rich 2D hand-drawn surroundings as you journey into — and beyond— Tesla Tower, as you discover and use amazing new items.
– Visual storytelling! Tired of all those words in your video games? Have no fear, Teslagrad features not a single snippet of text or squeak of dialogue. Everything is purely visual, and the entire story is told through what you see (and sometimes what you don’t see).
– Steampunk powered! Discover a dystopic and mind-blowing rainy-and-brainy setting, presenting a steampunk vision of an old Europe-inspired new world.
– Old-school boss fights! Use your skills and wits to overcome the 5 incredible final bosses eager to demagnetize you.
– No disruptions! That means no loading screens, no GUI, no cutscenes. Just the game and you.
– Mesmerizing soundtrack! Awesome mix of classical orchestra, with a touch of Russian inspiration and a myriad of metal bit and electrical stuff.