REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
The Mario Kart 8 Deluxe game races to the Nintendo Switch console with more characters, karts and tracks unlocked from the start than any other game in Mario Kart history. (Photo: Business Wire)
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – The Mario Kart 8 Deluxe game races to the Nintendo Switch console with more characters, karts and tracks unlocked from the start than any other game in Mario Kart history. The anti-gravity racing game is the definitive version of Mario Kart 8 and includes a revamped Battle Mode that players of all ages can enjoy together.* Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will be available on April 28.
- Puyo Puyo Tetris – Two puzzle game juggernauts collide as Tetris, one of the best-selling and most-recognized brands in gaming history, and Puyo Puyo from SEGA have combined to create a fun-to-play, fast-paced, competitive party game like no other. The game offers tons of game-play styles – from single-player Adventure and Challenge modes to ferocious competition with Arcade modes up to four players** – for tons of Tetris/Puyo Puyo variety. A free demo for the game is also available in Nintendo eShop.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.
Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:
- New themes this week include:
- Kirby’s 25th Anniversary
- Runbow Pocket Theme Bundle
- New My Nintendo Reward! – To celebrate the upcoming launch of the Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers game for the Nintendo Switch console on May 26, My Nintendo is offering a May calendar featuring the “supreme master of the fist” himself, Akuma. To learn more about other My Nintendo rewards, head over to https://my.nintendo.com.
Also new this week:
- TumbleSeed (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available May 2
- ACA NEOGEO OVER TOP (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- KAMIKO (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Parascientific Escape Cruise in the Distant Seas – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Blasting Agent Ultimate Edition – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Use Your Words (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Absolutely Unstoppable MineRun (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch console, the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in any Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Network account.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel.
Remember that Nintendo Switch, Wii U, Wii, New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, and Nintendo 2DS feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. Nintendo 3DS players who register a Nintendo Network ID gain access to free-to-start games and free game demos from Nintendo eShop, and also get the latest news and information direct from Nintendo. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/switch, http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.