REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
When a mysterious crime wave sweeps Sequin Land, it’s up to Half-Genie Hero Shantae to save the day! (Graphic: Business Wire)
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Shantae: Half-Genie Hero – Shantae embarks on her first full HD adventure! When a mysterious crime wave sweeps Sequin Land, it’s up to Half-Genie Hero Shantae to save the day! Use Shantae’s devastating Hair-Whip Attack to send monsters flying, or Belly Dance to transform her into more powerful forms. Topple the masterminds behind each criminal caper and prepare for the ultimate showdown against Shantae’s arch nemesis: the bodacious buccaneer Risky Boots. Click here to view the trailer for this game.
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- Mario Party 2 – Get ready to party like it’s the year 2000 all over again, complete with fancy costumes, bags of surprises and games galore! Mario and his Mushroom Kingdom friends return in this Nintendo 64 sequel for a new round of Bowser-bashing board game action. Each of your favorite characters wears different themed outfits to take part in five fun-packed Adventure Boards: Pirate Land, Western Land, Space Land, Mystery Land and Horror Land.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- Celebrate the winter holidays with your favorite Capcom games at up to 75 percent off.
- Other great deals this week include Pirate Pop Plus, SteamWorld Heist and Chasing Aurora, plus several more!
- Check out the full list of deals on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.
- National StreetPass Holiday – A very special guest is visiting Nintendo Zone for the holidays! A Mii character of Shigeru Miyamoto, the legendary creator of Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong and countless other classic Nintendo characters, will be available when you stop by a Nintendo Zone location between Dec. 19 and Jan. 15. You’ll be able to receive up to six Mii characters at a time from across all North America via StreetPass relay. This is a great opportunity to exchange custom Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS courses with other players, too! Visit here for more info: http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/national-streetpass-holiday-edition.
Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:
- New themes this week include:
- Mario’s Happy Holidays
Also new this week:
- RADIANTFLUX: HYPERFRACTAL (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Geki Yaba Runner Deluxe (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Gourmet Dream (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Hit Ninja (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Ice Station Z Demo (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Mini Golf Resort (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop on the Wii U console, the Nintendo 3DS family of systems and the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console.
Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in Nintendo eShop on either Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in either Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Network account.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi™ Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™. Click here for details about the recent Nintendo DSi Shop service change.
Remember that Wii U, Wii, New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. Nintendo 3DS players who register a Nintendo Network ID gain access to free-to-start games and free game demos from Nintendo eShop, and also get the latest news and information direct from Nintendo. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.