Last week Nintendo fans collectively held their breath until midnight on Thursday when we finally saw the release of the Nintendo Switch, and the latest Zelda installment. You can probably guess what’s on our playlist this week, though there are a few other titles thrown in for good measure. Are you playing a Switch this week? What other games do you have on the go? Let us know all your gaming thoughts below.
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch): Like most of the team, my gaming time this week was taken up with the latest entry in the Zelda series. As someone who loves exploration in games, I’m amazed at how well the land of Hyrule is crafted, and how there is something enticing to check out around every corner. Whether it’s progressing with the story, completing shrines, or simply climbing up a mountain to view the scenery, Breath of the Wild has left me breathless.
- Pokémon Moon (3DS): While I was waiting for the Switch to release at midnight, I managed to squeeze some time in with Pokémon. I’m currently trying to breed a team of 3 perfect stats Pokémon to take on the battle tree with, and needless to say, I’ve been hatching a lot of eggs.
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch): While I have only touched what is the mere tip of this iceberg that is an open-world Zelda title, I’m currently left without a lot of words to describe it. For the first time in years, I’m legitimately surprised at what I discover around every corner, cave, shrine, and dungeon. It’s a testament to what Nintendo has accomplished here with Breath of the Wild, and it makes me excited for both what I’m soon to uncover and what they plan to match or even top it.
- forma.8 (Wii U eShop): Better late than never, please check out my forma.8 review.
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U): Jenn and I have sunk about 9 hours into our Wii U swan song so far … and we feel like we’ve just barely scratched the surface! Expect to hear a lot more about this game in the coming days and weeks.
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch): Just like most of the Pure Nintendo team – and most of the world by the sounds of it – I’ve been hooked on the latest installment in this beloved series. The hype is definitely real, and this game deserves to be game of the year, it’s just truly amazing to play.
- Fire Emblem: Fates (3DS): There was a little more time for this earlier in the week, though I’ve made no real progress. Chapter 20 is hard, and calls for some hard-core strategy. It’s bested me already so careful planning is in order to get through!
- Pokémon GO (mobile): Level 24 continues to dominate my walk to work each morning … though has anyone else noticed their smartphone music player doesn’t work while the game is running since the latest update? It really puts me off playing …
What do you think of our list this week? Are you into anything retro at the moment, or busy playing something brand new? Let us know your own playlists in the comments section.