The weekend is finally here and it’s time to catch up on some serious game time. The release of Super Mario Odyssey is our main topic of interest this week (naturally) but there are a few other games to think about too, like Animal Crossing’s mobile adventure, Dragon Ball, and Fire Emblem Warriors. So many games, so little time … check out our playlist below and let us know what’s on your gaming agenda this weekend.
- Splatoon 2 (Switch): I recently had an itch to play this. With the addition of one of my favorite levels from the first game, Black Belly Skatepark I was excited to go back and see how it held up on the Switch. I also really enjoyed the new level Snapper Canal. It’s really spacious, with plenty of areas to hide out in.
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (Switch): I’ve been dying to play Xenoverse 2 since it first came out. I’m a big Dragon Ball fan and I’m enjoying this installment much better than the first Xenoverse game. Plus it’s awesome being able to play it on the go.
- Super Mario Odyssey (Switch): In times when I’d be feeling down mentally and physically, there comes a game like Super Mario Odyssey to pick me up and take me on a joyful ride. It’s been a while since we’ve had a sandbox-style Mario game and, my goodness, is it a welcome return. From the Cap-ture abilities to the new side characters to the new kingdoms, there’s so much in this game to smile about. It simply boggles my mind we were able to get not only a universally praised console Zelda, but also a Mario entry in the same year. Now all that remains is wondering where all these Power Moons are hidden.
- Squareboy vs Bullies: Arena Edition (Switch) I’m currently reviewing this little beat ’em up, and I’m having an extremely hard time trying to get back into it once Mario Odyssey landed on my lap. In short, this is a vast improvement over its iOS counterpart, but leaves little to be wowed or entertained by in its short experience. Luckily, it doesn’t feel all “samey” with its enemy or art design, so there’s that…I guess.
- Super Mario Odyssey (Switch): Finished my initial play through and what an awesome game all the way through! Harrison said it best, it’s such a ‘joyful ride’!
- Ever Oasis (3DS): Finally getting back around to finishing Ever Oasis and I just got the 3rd Lumite crystal, it’s been an awesome game so far and I’m really like the Zelda-like elements in it.
- Mario Odyssey (Switch): Much like everyone on the Pure Nintendo team, I’ve been caught up in Mario’s latest outing. As someone who loves exploring in video games, it’s very gratifying finding hidden moons in obscure locations. It’s too early to say where this game ranks on my top Mario list, but for now I’m just happy to see the more open level design make a triumphant return.
- Animal Crossing New Leaf (3DS): One thing I love about this series is coming back to your town after a long time away. I still always manage to find something to do, and I just recently caught every bug in the game for the first time. I just may be able to complete the museum yet!
- Super Mario Odyssey (Switch): Like everyone else, I’ve been playing Super Mario Odyssey; I’ve just got enough Moons to finish Seaside Kingdom.
- Fire Emblem Warriors (3DS): I’ve also been playing Fire Emblem Warriors for my upcoming review.
- Super Mario Odyssey (Switch): Oh wow .. what can one say about such a game? I’ve been playing this all week and just loving every moment. It’s extremely hard to put down! I’m working on our review right now, so stay tuned for my full report soon.
- Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp (mobile): Being in Australia I somehow have access to this new mobile game from Nintendo ahead of the rest of the world – what a time to be alive! This is just as adorable and addictive as you’d expect.
What do you think of our list this week? Are you into anything retro at the moment, or busy playing something brand new? Let us know your own playlists in the comments section.