Puyo Puyo Tetris Announced for Nintendo Switch
SEGA is combing two puzzles games, Puyo Puyo and Tetris, into one game that will release for the Nintendo Switch in Spring 2017. When I say combine, I mean you will be seeing Puyos and Tetriminos on the same screen at once. Using the two gameplay styles, Puyo Puyo Tetris will offer up an Adventure, Multiplayer Arcade, Online, and Solo Arcade Modes. In Arcade Mode, you can choose to play Tetris, Puyo Puyo, or both at the same time. Puyo Puyo Tetris’s multiplayer will also allow up to four players at once.
Puyo Puyo Tetris will retail for $29.99 digitally, and $39.99 physically, with the physical version including two Puyo Puyo and Tetris-themed keychains while supplies last.
Original Press Release:
- Versus – Players compete head-to-head in either Puyo Puyo or Tetris to fight in the puzzle fight of their life.
- Swap – Players’ abilities are put to the ultimate test when they compete on both Puyo Puyo and Tetris boards, which switch back and forth at set intervals.
- Fusion – A true hybrid game where players compete with Puyos and Tetriminos together on the same board, requiring deft, on-the-fly thinking to become victorious.
- Big Bang – It’s a race to the finish as players compete against each other to clear unique challenge boards as quickly as possible to win.
- Party – Players compete on Puyo or Tetris boards, but the puzzles feature special items that when activated either help players or harm their opponents.
- Puzzle League – Increase player rating, earn ranks and aspire to new leagues in this mode for competitive enthusiasts.
- Free Play – A more casual experience where records aren’t kept and players can customize matches with unique settings, and invite their friends to play.
- Replays – Players can save and upload any online matches to show off to their friends, or search other players’ replays using the tag and filtering system to see how they tackle matches.
- Battle – Substitute human players with 1-3 CPU opponents to fight against simultaneously.
- Endurance – Go the distance in a one-on-one gauntlet of never-ending CPU opponents, racking up as many wins as possible.
- Challenge – Forget about the opponents and put skills to the test with Sprint, Marathon and more, like the quirky Tiny Puyo, which shrinks down Puyos to fit even more on the board.