It was recently announced that Nintendo would be bringing DS games to the Wii U Virtual Console. Here are 10 DS games from the handheld’s huge library that we felt would make a great addition to the Virtual Console …
Mario Super Sluggers
- The more you play it, the more you enjoy it – Bozon
- A lot of waggle
- With nunchuck you can aim, becomes a little more fun
- Arcade baseball, fun
- IGN exclusives planned throughout the week
- Nintendo still on top
- Crazy numbers since July wasn’t a huge month for Nintendo
- Bozon says that third-party games ARE selling on Wii, he had the numbers right in front of him
- Upward trend with sequels (Madden, Guitar Hero)
- Matt says there are a lot of misconceptions about sales numbers on Wii
- Tiger Woods selling best on Wii
- Some talk about Metroid Prime 3, Matt praises its graphics highly – Says art the best on Wii. Galaxy has better tech.
- Bozon thinks he likes Metroid out of the big 3, Matt still sticks by Mario Galaxy – loves music, looks good on the new screen in the IGN demo room
Nintendo Power has ranked what they believe to be the Top 20 games for all Nintendo consoles and handhelds. Do you have them all? ; )
1. The Legend of Zelda
2. Super Mario Bros. 3
3. Mega Man 2
4. Super Mario Bros.
6. Mike Tyson’s Punch-Out
8. Super Mario Bros. 2
9. Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse
10. Ninja Gaiden
11. Mega Man 3
12. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
15. Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest
16. Maniac Mansion
17. Bionic Commando
18. Dragon Warrior IV
19. Final Fantasy
20. Kid Icarus
1. Tetris (PC) 2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64) 3. Doom (PC) 4. Super Mario World (SNES) 5. Guitar Hero (PS2) 6. Street Fighter II (SNES) 7. Super Mario Kart (SNES) 8. GoldenEye 007 (N64) 9. Grand …
Here are just “Some” of the stats you can find with the new feture of the Nintendo Channel:
Super Mario Galaxy – played 5 million times at 25 hours per person.
Lostwinds – played 48,689 times at 3.4 hours per person.
Wii Sports – played 24 million hours at 33 hours per person. 21 million times played with 28 times per person
Wii Fit: Duration 20:37, 20.26 sessions
Wii Sports: Duration 30:00, over 28.44 sessions
Zelda 3: Duration 9:44, over 7.51 sessions (21,282 registered sales)
Zelda TP: Duration 50:10, over 21.36 sessions
No More Heroes: Duration 10:44, over 5.12 sessions
RE4 Wii: Duration 33:23, over 15.41 sessions
Umbrella Chronicles: Duration 14:54, over 8.61 sessions
Dr. Mario WiiWare: Duration 14:09, over 9.24 sessions (13,931 registered sales)
FF:CC My Life As A King: Duration 21:14, over 8.89 sessions (33,810 registered sales)
Star Soldier R: Not enough data/Data withheld
Everyone’s Pokemon Farm: Duration 8:03, over 17.98, but… 44,779 registered sales
VC sales information:
Konami Embargo is up Thursday, I think. Wording was a bit weird on that.
Platinum Games Madworld game is awesome and real.
No need to read this summary.
-Best of the Bunch (Launch Titles)
-Best art design then most retail games
-$10 Worth it.
-It is short. 3 hours, though you can get lost along the way.
-Its a Super Metroid presentation. You’re not told when you go into new levels.
Defend Your Castle:
-Jump in, Jump out Multiplayer. “It’s awesome, thats when the game is really fun”
-Debate if the graphics are good or bad. The intent is bad, but thats the point of the game and it works. Still gave it 3 or 4 for graphics, they are bad, but theres a charm to it. Feels like they could have done more, they just didn’t want to. Its stylized though, but its bad.
-Washington D.C. is under attack by aliens
-The All Seeing Eye, reveals hidden locations, monsters, items
-High Voltage was going to show the trailer which ign thought looked cool, but High Voltage wants to delay the public release of the trailer to make the trailer better and fix up its issues.
-Looks like Tempest
-$7, Wii-Ware Launch title
-Visuals look better on a larger screen
Best-selling Gamecube Software (Source: Wikipedia)
1. Super Smash Bros. Melee (7.09 million) 2. Super Mario Sunshine (5.5 million) 3. Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (4.67 million) 4. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (3.07 million) 5. Luigi’s Mansion (2.53 million) …
High Voltage’s The Conduit:
-Built from the Ground up for Wii
-FPS with Scifi Government Conspiracy Theme
-The Plan for Video Footage is suppose to be this week
-They are working on Other projects. Bozon wants to download and/or buy them
-The other projects are not big epics like Conduit, but they are still very happy with the other two projects they were shown. (WiiWare wasn’t strongly implied)
-30 frames right now shooting for a lock 60, all sorts of control schemes.
-Ign has largest Nintendo Fanbase out there, the Dev was immediately contacted from publishers and developers right after the reveal.
-Bozon wants to work towards industry glory and not just a PR puppet at IGN.
Line Rider Wii:
to see what it’ll be like. Check XBLA may be similar review style. [/i]
Q: Fatal Frame 4 News?
A: No, but they are excited because of Fatal Frame + Suda. Likely no news until E3.
Q: DQ9 no news in forever, whats up with that ?
A: Square hinted to Bozon info will come soon. Square likes to deal with one title at a time
Q:What can Nintendo do to get big western dev houses to jump on the Wii ?
A: Matt wants Nintendo to step up and Publish more games, like back in the day. Wants Nintendo to go out and find the developers to develop. Bozon states how he thinks the Wii is the place for the small guys to put forth big efforts to try and become the big guys. Matt also wants Nintendo to reach out for synergy marketing with other big publishing houses.
Q: World Ends with You or Mario Kart Wii?
A: If World Ends With You is your type of game, get it before its gone. Mario Kart you can get now or a year from now. If you own a Wii, you gotta get Mario Kart Wii at some time, but World Ends With You won’t be around forever.
Game Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 LTD
Metroid Prime 39,829 12,058 6,110 57,997 Metroid Prime 2 17,680 6,254 40,355 Metroid Prime 3 34,151 13,687 59,180
MPH 32,613 9,024 8,496 90,028
It looks like Metroid Prime 3 is on pace …
- Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Wii, Nintendo): 47,838 units sold Release: 03/06/08
- Hajimete no Wii [Wii Play] (Wii, Nintendo): 2,239,814 units sold Release: 12/02/06
- Soma Bringer (NDS, Nintendo): 79,298 units sold Release: 02/28/08
- Animal Crossing: Wild …