Every video game character out there needs love. Mario has Peach. Link has Zelda. Kirby has food. But what about Samus? Even this cold bounty hunter needs some love to get through the toughest of missions. With that my readers, …
Kickstarter ReVeN surpassed its funding goal of $18,000 today, and is now looking to hit some stretch goals. Among them are things such as increased multiplayer and online leaderboards, animated cinematics, and features for the Wii U GamePad other than Off-TV-Play. To …
You know what makes me feel old? The fact that I’m even calling this game “Retro”. Has it really been more than 10 years since the release of Metroid Prime?! I still remember when I was first introduced to this …
I was privileged to conduct an Interview with the developers at Varia Games, and learn more about their Kickstarter hopeful Wii U game, ReVeN …
PN: First of all, thanks guys for taking time to chat with us here at …
Varia Games new Kickstarter campaign not only shows a lot of promise (see trailer above) but it’s goals are also more modest when compared to other titles seeking publishing on the Wii U. With nearly a full month to …
BETHESDA, Md. & REDMOND, Wash.–The Wii™ experience is just beginning for Marriott and Renaissance guests, who can now choose from 20 games, including the popular Mario Kart™ Wii, Super Mario Galaxy™, and Wii Sports™ as well as the revolutionary fitness game, Wii Fit™. In a lodging industry first, Marriott International, Inc. is piloting a new specially built Wii hotel game system from Nintendo in select guest rooms and lounges. Wii systems are available at six Marriott and Renaissance properties:
* New York Marriott Marquis
* Renaissance New York Hotel Times Square
* Boston Marriott Cambridge
* Bethesda (Md.) Marriott Suites
* Annapolis (Md.) Marriott Waterfront
* JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa, Phoenix (Lounge only)
‘From Bags to Riches’ Includes DS Systems with Fashion Handbag Rentals
REDMOND, Wash., Sept. 17, 2008 – Women who prefer the hottest designer handbags draped over their arms will now be able to have the hottest portable video game system at their fingertips as well. Nintendo has partnered with From Bags to Riches, a popular online handbag-rental service, to include stylish and colorful Nintendo DS™ systems and games with some rentals through the end of 2008.
From Bags to Riches subscribers will have the chance to borrow a Nintendo DS and games, free of charge, with a 30-day rental of one of From Bags to Riches’ featured handbags from such coveted designers as Prada, Tory Burch, Gucci and Juicy Couture. Consumers can choose the handbag and Nintendo DS that best suit their taste on FromBagstoRiches.com. After the conclusion of the rental period, consumers simply return the Nintendo DS along with the bag.
A few months back we reported that 3, now former, Metroid developers have moved on to other things, and formed their own studio Armature. It seems like these 3 guys have been approached by EA to help create a game:
-Bozon is playing through Mega Man 9. Currently Embargoed. He’s stuck on Wily
Mystery Case Files MillionHeir:
-Good fit for DS.
-Appears to be going after Professor Layton audience, but in reality it’s a different beast.
-Easier than Professor Layton.
-Fairly casual game.
-You find items hidden in busy scenery.
-If you play the game a second time you’ll get different items to find, adding to the replay value.
-Score given: 7.7
212,995 Super Mario Bros 3
209,441 Super Mario Bros
151,881 Super Mario World
146,219 Mario Kart 64
131,024 Super Mario 64
100,509 Legend of Zelda
97,498 Ocarina of Time
87,696 Wario’s Woods
85,756 Paper Mario
82,935 Kirby’s Adventure
Mario Super Sluggers
- The more you play it, the more you enjoy it – Bozon
- A lot of waggle
- With nunchuck you can aim, becomes a little more fun
- Arcade baseball, fun
- IGN exclusives planned throughout the week
- Nintendo still on top
- Crazy numbers since July wasn’t a huge month for Nintendo
- Bozon says that third-party games ARE selling on Wii, he had the numbers right in front of him
- Upward trend with sequels (Madden, Guitar Hero)
- Matt says there are a lot of misconceptions about sales numbers on Wii
- Tiger Woods selling best on Wii
- Some talk about Metroid Prime 3, Matt praises its graphics highly – Says art the best on Wii. Galaxy has better tech.
- Bozon thinks he likes Metroid out of the big 3, Matt still sticks by Mario Galaxy – loves music, looks good on the new screen in the IGN demo room
LOS ANGELES, July 15, 2008 – At the E3 Media & Business Summit today, Nintendo unveiled an enhancement for its iconic Wii Remote™ controller and new games that promise to further enrich and engage players around the world. These offerings build on Nintendo’s ongoing efforts to remove the barriers between expert and novice video game players, an approach that has been instrumental in creating a paradigm shift for the industry since the advent of the Nintendo DS™ portable system and the Wii™ home console.
- “Party version of Facebreaker,” but title is misleading (not really minigames)
- Graphics look great – art style is impressive, moves nicely
- Gameplay has a lot of promise also, but Matt wasn’t able to play it long
- Shot from the sideview, still a 3D boxing game
- Very fast, arcadey
- Still not a lot of gameplay available in the version Matt + Daemon played
- Will be a learning curve, but it’ll be a “cool” way to play a skateboarding game – Daemon
- Programmed intuitively
- Grinding all about timing
- Visually not too impressive
- Framerate needs to be up and running – lag won’t be good for the game
Nintendo Power has ranked what they believe to be the Top 20 games for all Nintendo consoles and handhelds. Do you have them all? ; )
1. The Legend of Zelda
2. Super Mario Bros. 3
3. Mega Man 2
4. Super Mario Bros.
6. Mike Tyson’s Punch-Out
8. Super Mario Bros. 2
9. Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse
10. Ninja Gaiden
11. Mega Man 3
12. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
15. Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest
16. Maniac Mansion
17. Bionic Commando
18. Dragon Warrior IV
19. Final Fantasy
20. Kid Icarus