Nintendo has released sales results for the first quarter of the year, April-June. Looking at the numbers there are some high and low notes. Come join me as we make this journey through the numbers.
Nintendo has reported that the …
- When asked what they liked to do the most, the eight teens, which was split 50/50 when it came to gender, and aged between 14-17, all answered that they like to hang with friends. They all enjoyed gaming, but it wasn’t a priority, so they weren’t hardcore gamers to say the least.
- Every single one of them had access to a Wii. Either they owned one or had a family member that has one. All the girl games, plus one guy owned theirs. Of the remaining dudes, two of them had a Xbox 360 as their main console, while the last one mostly payed games on his laptop. Three of the girls also had 360s at home, though it was not specified if it was theirs or a family members. No one had a PS3.
Happy birthday Nintendo! Some of you are reading this and are wondering; 119? Wow, how is Nintendo that old. Well my young padawans, the answer can be found for you below. Enjoy reading about the long history of Nintendo after the Jump. How about three mighty big cheers for our favorite company!
Wario Land: Shake It!
Pro: – well-designed levels – fun moves (especially motion controlled actions) – side puzzles/bonus missions provide extra difficulty – animation is great – good bosses
Con: – slow-paced – few enemies can do much damage to …
Hey everyone! New poll coming your way tonight–this time about today’s release of GTA: Chinatown Wars screens from Nintendo Power. I’ll be honest, I was wanting a full 3D game…but I have to admit it still looks like a lot …
True GTA game – sandbox gameplay, open-world environment, gritty crime narrative. – M-rating – Isometric camera angle – Cel-shaded polygons w/ black borders – good touch-screen implementation – “tasteful” minigames, streamlining interface – UI based on a PDA – hub …
Reader’s most wanted:
1) Earthbound (SNES) 2) Mother (NES/Japan only) 3) Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (SNES, already released) 4) Super Smash Bros. (N64) 5) The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask (N64)
NP staff’s most wanted:
Publisher supporting Nintendo Power’s 20th anniversary charity event – and showing off two DS titles
September 10, 2008 — cdv Software Entertainment USA is joining Nintendo Power to celebrate the publication’s 20th anniversary, and helping out a good …
WHAT: Celebrities, Nintendo Power editorial staff and videogame influencers will gather at the Nintendo World store in New York City on the evening of September 12. Attendees will arrive on the red carpet and head inside for a night of exclusive entertainment to benefit Starlight Children’s Foundation. There will be a presentation of Starlight Fun CenterTM mobile entertainment units equipped with a Wii™ system, which will be placed in New York City hospitals to brighten the lives of patients undergoing treatment. It will be followed by a silent charity auction with items from Swarovski, Yamaha, Kenneth Cole, EA and others. Guests will be able to play upcoming games such as EA’s MySims Kingdom, Konami’s Rock Revolution, and Gamecock Media Group’s Mushroom Men while enjoying food and music from the acclaimed DJs Adrian and the Mysterious D.
Early the next morning, Saturday, September 13, consumers of all ages dressed as their favorite Nintendo characters will gather outside the Nintendo World store in hopes of being one of the first 400 guests inside the Nintendo Power 20th Anniversary party. These lucky guests will receive a gift bag and can enter a costume contest judged by their favorite Disney and Nickelodeon stars. More details to follow.
- Games Convention 08
- Bigger than E3
- House of the Dead Overkill
- Trailer for Cursed Mountain
- Mad World Footage
- Sadness trailer
- Guitar Hero Pay and Play
- Sonic Unleashed
- Need for Speed Undercover
- EA announces Tennis Motion …