Helsinki, Finland – 30 November 2012 Finnish game developer Frozenbyte is proud to announce the European release of Trine 2: Director’s Cut for Nintendo’s new console Wii U™. Available now on the Nintendo eShop, Trine 2: Director’s Cut includes a total of 20 exciting levels full of adventure, including the recently released Goblin Menace expansion campaign and a Wii U exclusive level called the Dwarven Caverns, making Trine 2: Director’s Cut the most comprehensive package of Trine 2 on any platform.
The game is launched with a discount of 20%, making it just £10.99 / 13.49 euros until the end of the year, with a regular price of £13.99 / 16.99 euros and the equivalent in other currencies.
“The Christmas season is upon us, and we felt it was a nice little present to give the game a launch discount,” says Frozenbyte CEO Mr. Lauri Hyvärinen, and continued:
“I’m proud of the team and the work we’ve done for Wii U. The game plays smooth and looks gorgeous, and the touch screen adds an element to the game that makes it very intuitive. We received tremendous positive feedback from North American gamers and we are happy to bring the game so soon to Europe and be part of the European launch. We believe we have created one of the best launch games for the already excellent Wii U launch lineup, and we can’t wait to hear the feedback!”
Trine 2: Director’s Cut is a sidescrolling game of action, puzzles and platforming. You play as one of the Three Heroes who make their way through dangers untold in a fantastical fairytale world. The game features an exciting adventure full of action, including physics-based puzzles using fire, water, gravity and magic; wicked goblins as the heroes’ adversaries; and a magical environment full of wonder.
Trine 2: Director’s Cut can be played using the Wii U™ GamePad touch screen or with regular button controls. When using the touch screen, the left hand is for character movement and jump, the right hand for everything else, including magic and levitation. In addition to using the TV display, the game can is also fully playable on just the Wii U GamePad alone.
– Three heroes – the Wizard, the Thief and the Knight – in a story-driven adventure full of fantasy
– Physics-based puzzles with fire, water, gravity and magic
– Plenty of skills and abilities to solve puzzles in different play styles
– New, intuitive control system designed to take full advantage of the Wii U GamePad touch screen
– Online and local co-op with up to three players
– Includes the expansion Trine 2: Goblin Menace
– Includes the Wii U exclusive level Dwarven Caverns, unlocked by collecting secret map pieces
– 20 exciting levels in total, ranging from lush forests to burning desert to the insides of a giant sand worm
– Full of visual splendor; graphically the best console version of Trine 2
Frozenbyte is also working on an update that will be released in December. The update features support for the Wii U™ Pro Controller, Voice Chat in multiplayer, new languages, and a little bit of extra visual vividness to the game’s graphics.
Trine 2: Director’s Cut is available now on the Nintendo eShop in Europe for just £10.99 / 13.49 euros and the equivalent in other currencies, 20% off the regular price of £13.99 / 16.99 euros. The game comes in at just under 2 gigabytes. The launch discount ends on 31.12.2012 at 23:59 CET (22:59 in the UK).
Trine 2: Director’s Cut is also available in the North American Nintendo eShop for $19.99.
Age rating in Europe: PEGI 12+, USK 12