01./01. [NDS] Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (Square Enix) – 106,000 / 401,000 (-64%) 02./02. [NDS] Gyakuten Kenji (Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth) (Capcom) – 42,000 / 214,000 (-76%) 03./03. [PS3] …
1. EA Sports Active (EA) 2. Wii Fit (Nintendo) 3. Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo) 4. Punch-Out!! (Nintendo) 5. Wii Play (Nintendo)
01. [NDS] Sloan to Michael: Nazo no Monogatari (Level 5) 43,000 / NEW 02. [NDS] Pro Yakyuu Team o Tsukurou! 2 (SEGA) 39,000 / NEW 03.  Mass Effect (Microsoft) …
01. [PSP] Bleach: Heat the Soul 6 (SCEI) 41,000 / NEW 02. [PSP] Grow Lancer (Atlus) 23,000 / NEW 03. [NDS] Dragon Ball Kai: Saiyajin Raishuu (Namco Bandai) 20,000 / …
North America: 1. Lego Indiana Jones (LucasArts) 2. Wii Fit (Nintendo) 3. Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo) 4. Gold’s Gym Cardio Workout (Ubisoft) 5. My Fitness …
Nintendo Wii: Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party 2 $59.99 Don King Boxing $49.99 (Available Tuesday) Gold’s Gym: Cardio Workout $29.99 (Available Tuesday) Guitar Hero: Metallica $49.99 * ++ …
de Blob – 92% Order Up! – 80% Ferrari Challenge: Trofeo Pirelli – 83& Samba de Amigo – 71% Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo’s Dungeon – 84% Rock Band – …
Super Smash Brawl AAA 27/Jun Fighting Nintendo 1-4 12+ 0045496365981
Baroque 1/Aug RPG Rising Star Games 1 12+ 5060102951094
Super Swing Golf 8/Aug Sport Rising Star Games 1-4 3+ 5060102951322
The Incredible Hulk AA July Action/Adventure Sega 1 12+ 5060138439108
Warioland: The Shake Dimension 26/Sep Platform Nintendo 1
Samba De Amigo Sep Action Sega 5060138438477
Mario Super Sluggers/Mario Baseball Q3-Q4 Sport Nintendo
Sonic Unleashed Q4 Platform Sega 5060138440654
Disaster: Day of Crisis TBC Action adventure Nintendo 1
Project H.A.M.M.E.R. TBC Action Adventure Nintendo
Harvest Moon Tree of Serenity TBC Simulation Rising Star Games
Wii Music/Wii Orchestra TBC Music Nintendo
Animal Crossing Wii TBC Community Nintendo
Little King’s Story Q1 RPG/Adventure Rising Star Games
Mad World TBC Action Sega
Pretty long article but a good and interesting read. Just to give you something to read over the Memorial day weekend.
Resistance Is Futile
By SETH SCHIESEL
IT’S O.K. to liken Shigeru Miyamoto to Walt Disney.
When Disney died in 1966, Mr. Miyamoto was a 14-year-old schoolteacher’s son living near Kyoto, Japan’s ancient capital. An aspiring cartoonist, he adored the classic Disney characters. When he wasn’t drawing, he made his own toys, carving wooden puppets with his grandfathers’ tools or devising a car race from a spare motor, string and tin cans.
Even as he has become the world’s most famous and influential video-game designer — the father of Donkey Kong, Mario, Zelda and, most recently, the Wii — Mr. Miyamoto still approaches his work like a humble craftsman, not as the celebrity he is to gamers around the world.
Perched on the end of a chair in a hotel suite a few dozen stories above Midtown Manhattan, the preternaturally cherubic 55-year-old Mr. Miyamoto radiated the contentment of someone who has always wanted to make fun. And he has. As the creative mastermind at Nintendo for almost three decades, Mr. Miyamoto has unleashed mass entertainment with a global breadth, cultural endurance and financial success unsurpassed since Disney’s fabled career.
This is a pretty interesting article from the NY times. I pasted to whole article here, because I want some responses from this.
Nintendo sits atop the home video-game market. Its Wii, though less technologically advanced than Microsoft’s Xbox 360 or Sony’s PlayStation 3, continues to outsell those machines and is now in more than 20 million homes.
So why are retailers having so much trouble selling Wii games?
Take Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It was one the most hotly anticipated video games of the year; it sold more than 1.4 million copies during the first week of its release, in early March, and broke records for Nintendo of America.
“We certainly have a built-in fan base for Smash,” said Denise Kaigler, Nintendo of America’s vice president for corporate affairs. “I’m hoping that we can continue to generate success and awareness of the game.”
Voice chat is the new name for the Wiikly review. It also has a new day. (Thanks Alkaline for the Summary)
Smackdown vs Raw 2008
– Weren’t able to go hands on with it, but the DS version seems to be turning out great – just needs traditional control and fine-tuning.
– Developed by the makers of Rocket Slime. There’s actually an RPG system with an overworld system where you upgrade certain aspects of your character (eg: arm strength, leg strength, etc).
– Looks great – like No Mercy on DS. Phenomenal 3D models. Lots of cinematic stuff with the camera.
– Single-player only. It’s really only supposed to be an “RPG.” Matt thinks this might piss some people off.
– Needs traditional controls. Touch screen controls work alright but traditional controls really are needed.
– Also contains Create A Superstar for the first time. Hopefully this turns out to be the first good portable wrestling game.
– Looks almost indentical to last year.
– Lots of motion used – control recognition has been refined. Uses a lot more motion than most Wii games.
– Still playing catchup, but this year there is over 30 new match types (eg: barbed wire).
– The wonky Success Mode is gone, replaced by Career Mode which is the same as what you will get on PS3/360.
– Online play for the first time on Wii. It will probably be quite bare-bones but it’s a start.
– Interactive entrances and finishes. Sounds gimmicky but it sounds like it could be fun. You can continue to beat your opponent even after a match.
– Create-a-finisher and some other PS3/360 content will not be in the Wii version. The Wii version is an entirely different beast.
– Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Wii, Nintendo): 47,838 units sold Release: 03/06/08
– Hajimete no Wii [Wii Play] (Wii, Nintendo): 2,239,814 units sold Release: 12/02/06
– Soma Bringer (NDS, …
North America: 1. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock Bundle (Activision) 2. Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo) 3. Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party (Konami) …
01. [WII] Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Nintendo) – 78,000 / 1,291,000 02. [NDS] Etrian Odyssey II: The Royal Grail (Atlus) – 69,000 03. [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) – 62,000 …
Pokémon Diamond & Pearl – 180,066 connections Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock – 146,362 connections Animal Crossing: Wild World – 42,389 connections Mario Kart DS – …
Pokémon Diamond & Pearl – 148,144 connections Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock – 121,341 connections Animal Crossing: Wild World – 38,656 connections Mario Kart DS – 37,241 connections Mario …
Top 12 Games: