As we welcome another weekend, the Pure Nintendo team reflects over the games on our radar at the moment. There’s so much on offer right now, it’s hard to choose a game, but somehow we make time for them all. With Miitomo now available, that time is becoming even more precious!
Are you looking for gaming inspiration this weekend? Check out our playlist below and let us know which games are on your own playlist right now.
- Twilight Princess HD (WiiU): Patty and I have just finished the Temple of Time. Before we head to the Sky Temple we’re going to tie up a few loose ends and get the item upgrades that are available. I can’t wait to enter the Twilight Realm. I’m sure seeing it in HD will be a whole other experience!
- Pikmin 3 (WiiU): I am on day 30. I freaking love this game. I almost feel like I want to play it too much. Getting to explore with my loyal Pikmin army is so much fun. I’ve found over 40 different types of fruit so far and I’m waiting to rescue Olimar until I get them all! Wish me luck!
- Hyrule Warriors Legends (3DS): While I didn’t give this game an overwhelmingly terrific score in my review, I’ve still played almost everyday. Linkle is an awesome new character and I can’t wait to play as her in the Wii U version sometime this weekend.
- Pokemon Yellow (3DS): Not much of an update here. I haven’t had a lot of time to play this lately. I’m just taking my time, leveling up and exploring, trying to find new Pokemon.
- Pokemon Picross (3DS): I haven’t been playing this as much either. It got to the point to where I would HAVE to buy more picrites in order to proceed any further, which SUCKS! especially since once you buy the 99cent pack you can’t purchase it again. So the price goes up and up and up. I really hate that part of the game. I do the daily training now and that’s it.
Shovel Knight (Wii U): Been going through some of my backlog on the Wii U and Shovel Knight was one I never quite finished. Been loving it though!
Miitomo (mobile): Just been playing around with this app and it’s been pretty fun so far. It definitely gets me more social than typical social networks. The questions and interactions help a lot and it just has a fun atmosphere to it.
- Mini Mario and Friends Amiibo Challenge (3DS): Got an early access code to this game, and I am currently playing through it so I can review it. Gotta say, I’m really enjoying it so far.
Miitomo (mobile): Now that Miitomo has finally launched, I’ve been busy taking a bunch of goofy photos of my mii. I’m digging the app so far.
Pokken Tournament (Wii U): I’ve just been dabbling in this game so far. Playing as Sceptile has been awesome, since Treecko is my favorite grass starter Pokemon. Can’t wait to see how the other fighters play!
- Fire Emblem: Awakenings (3DS): I’m continuing my adventure, and I have a feeling it’s going to take quite awhile to finish! I’m loving every second of it, although something sad just happened with a main character dying :( I’m up to chapter 11 now, plus I’ve done two of the side quests. There’s just so much to enjoy with this game. The random humor was unexpected for me, given the seriousness of the story. Lightens the mood a little at times :)
- Defense Dome (Wii U): I touched on this again last week to finish off my Defense Dome review. It did not score well unfortunately…
- Miitomo (mobile): Miitomo is finally here! Nintendo’s first foray into the smartphone market is fun, frivolous and just a little quirky, as to be expected. So far it’s very easy to let this app drain my battery :) Check out one of my photos below!