Another busy week draws to a close and the PN team looks back fondly at the games that helped us through those hectic seven days. We’d also love to know what’s on your playlist, so share all your latest gaming delights in the comments section below.
- The Bridge (Wii U eShop) I was also playing this last week (posted my review Monday) but I’m trying to earn more achievements.
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again! (DSiWare) – Not my favorite in the series, but a fun game that I haven’t played in quite some time. Trying to improve and get a gold star on every level. Playing this one reminds me that I should probably pick up Tipping Stars.
- Wind-up Knight 2 (Wii U eShop) – A pretty good game in spite of some issues. Lots of content for a runner. If you haven’t yet, please be sure to read my freshly posted review.
- Splatoon (Wii U): I have actually not played this as much recently. What was an everyday thing has became an every other day thing. Splatoon is an awesome game, but I’ve felt like more and more people are focusing on kills than the actual covering of turf, which is frustrating but what’s new?
- Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral Town (GBA): This is one of my favorite Harvest Moon games in the series! Its original release was on the PS1 as Harvest Moon Back to Nature. The GBA version is almost exactly the same with some small tweaks. I’m currently focusing on trying to stock my kitchen and find a wife… I have almost every girl to a red heart but I haven’t made up my mind yet, I guess by next week we’ll see who I chose! This game was recently released on the WiiU virtual console so if you’re a Harvest Moon fan I highly recommend it!
- Smash Bros (Wii U): Some friends came over for my birthday this week. I murdered them over and over again with Link. End of story ;)
- Mario Kart 8 (Wii U): A little quieter this week for me with gaming, but I did manage to play some Mario Kart with my four year old, who is getting really good! Not good enough to win against me (of course), but it’s amazing watching the reaction of a child when Mario drives through the many and varied terrain of the MK world; pure wonder and delight. Love it.
- Pokémon Shuffle (3DS): After a brief hiatus I’m back! And I finally caught Braixen on level 189, which actually wasn’t as hard as I expected once I used a Mega Start. I haven’t made it much further than that though, now stuck on the very next level trying to defeat Steelix.