Happy Friday! Before we get our groove on for the weekend, the Pure Nintendo team reflects over the games that got us through the last week.
Are you looking for gaming inspiration this weekend? Check out our latest favorites below – and let us know what’s on your playlist right now in the comments section.
- Pokemon Picross (3DS): So far I’ve made it to area 17. I’m still quite addicted to this game. But I’m also still annoyed with having to spend money on Picrites. I would have rather paid for the game then have to keep putting money in it to progress :\
- Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (3DS): This awesome Mario Bros adventure is a brilliant collaboration between two different Mario worlds. I’m having a ton of fun leveling up and exploring. If you’re a fan of any Super Mario RPG or Paper Mario game I highly recommend it!
I’ve dabbled with a few games this week (including some for upcoming PN reviews) but I’ve only sunk a good amount of time into one title …
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS): Talk of Zelda bosses put me in the mood to revisit this game. I had forgotten how clever some of the dungeons are.
- Fire Emblem Fates (3DS): I’ve been playing through this for our upcoming review of the game. Can’t say too much but I have been enjoying my time with the game. Look forward to our review next week!
- Steamworld Heist (3DS): I’ve been delving much more into this great game this week and progressing well – it’s become quite addictive and I’ve even had time to go back to complete my missions properly and collect all the star ratings. Still more to go though!
- Mario Kart 8 (Wii U): After moving house I had a week off work, and no Internet. Queue frustration! But also plenty of gaming time for once ;) My four-year-old and I love playing Mario Kart 8 together. He still loves to go off-road exploring, and I really think an exploratory Mario Kart game should be on Nintendo’s radar – how fun would it be to just drive around town with Mario, maybe cruising for someone to race with?
- Super Mario 3D World (Wii U): I love this game so much but haven’t played it for quite some time. My son is now at an age where he can play these types of games too, so it’s a great excuse to get back into it :) Even though I completed the game long ago, Mario’s adventures are always fun to revisit!