The number 10 can mean a lot of things: perfection, loud volume or, in the case of this week’s downloadable game lineup, the return of a true gaming icon. Fans will thrill to see the legendary blue bomber landing on their Wii™ console with the arrival of Mega Man™ 10 for the WiiWare™ service. Elsewhere, players can test their skill at tossing darts, bashing moles, conquering the tennis court or tackling exotic golf courses. Whether you’re stocking up on living room-ready titles for your Wii console or grabbing on-the-go games via the Nintendo DSiWare™ service, March is off to a truly magnificent start.
Mega Man 10
Publisher: Capcom Entertainment, Inc.
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Mild Cartoon Violence
Price: 1,000 Wii Points™
Description: Fans of all ages can enjoy the newest entry in this historic 8-bit franchise. As a special service to new players, there’s an Easy Mode – a first for a Mega Man game. This new feature means novices and longtime fans alike can all have a shot at making it to the end of a Mega Man game. Also, you can now play as Proto Man and try Time Attack Mode from the beginning, or watch play-through videos from players all over the world.
This is an incredibly cool idea! I’m really liking what developers are coming up with for the DSiWare service. Hopefully we get this or something similar in the US! …
Nintendo Announces Launch Dates for Nintendo DSi XL, Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid: Other M
REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Nintendo of America issued a surge of new information today about what consumers can expect from the company in the coming months. Let’s get right to it:
- The new Nintendo DSi XL™ hand-held system launches March 28 at a suggested retail price of $189.99. The screens of the Nintendo DSi XL are 93 percent larger than those of the Nintendo DS™ Lite model, providing a more vivid and engaging play experience. The screens of the Nintendo DSi XL also feature a wider viewing angle, letting friends and family members join the fun. The new system launches in both Burgundy and Bronze colors, and comes loaded with pre-installed premium software Brain Age™ Express: Arts & Letters, Brain Age Express: Math and Photo Clock, as well as two free applications: the Nintendo DSi Browser and Flipnote Studio™. Nintendo DSi XL will also come with a larger pen-like stylus that allows for a more comfortable grip and enhanced ease of use when playing games that use the Nintendo DS touch screen. America’s Test Kitchen: Let’s Get Cooking and WarioWare™: D.I.Y. will also launch for the Nintendo DS family of products on March 28, providing consumers with new content that can be enjoyed on any Nintendo DS system. Games like these demonstrate the enhanced experience available with the Nintendo DSi XL.
- Super Mario Galaxy™ 2, the sequel to the smash-hit galaxy-hopping original game, launches May 23 for the Wii™ console. The game includes the amazing gravity-defying, physics-based exploration from the first game, but is loaded with entirely new galaxies and features to challenge and delight players. On some stages, Mario™ can pair up with his dinosaur buddy Yoshi™ and use his tongue to grab items and spit them back at enemies. Players can also have fun with new items such as a drill that lets our hero tunnel through solid rock.
- Metroid™: Other M, the incredible new Metroid game developed for Wii through a collaboration by Nintendo and the world-renowned Team Ninja, launches June 27. The game looks at the classic franchise from a new perspective: While much of the game is reminiscent of 2-D side-scrollers, players can switch the perspective into 3-D at any time as they explore the twisting passages of a derelict space station and delve deep into a cinematic, never-before-told story of bounty hunter Samus Aran’s past. This new approach uses a new control scheme in which players use the Wii Remote™ controller held sideways to battle enemies and navigate the expansive, gorgeous environments in classic Metroid fashion, then aim at the screen with the Wii Remote pointer to blast foes in first-person and hunt the world for clues and hidden passages.
Teyon Announces DSiWare™ and WiiWare™ Line-up
Kraków, February 24th 2010 — Teyon, a successful video games developer and publisher, unveiled today a part of Nintendo DSiWare™ and WiiWare™ line-up for this year. “The line-up is a result of our strategy focusing on digital distribution and providing a wide range of high quality games” said Michal Tatka, CEO.
Upcoming DSiWare™ games developed by Teyon:
- 101 MiniGolf World (Arcade/Sports) – scheduled for March 15th
- 101 Shark Pets (Simulation)
- 1001 Crystal Mazes Collection (Logic/Puzzle)
- Super Swap! (Arcade/Puzzle)
- Robot Rescue 2 (Logic/Puzzle)
- Battle Rage: Reflex (Arcade Shooter)
Let’s say you’re relaxing at home, but something doesn’t seem quite right. Maybe your house has ghosts. Clearly you need to get GhostSlayer, with its Wii MotionPlus™ accessory functionality, to figure out how to deal with them. Or maybe your house has a mouse. Mouse House™ puzzles seem the logical choice for you. Maybe you just need to get out of the house and try some fresh air with Family Go-Kart Racing. If it seems a bit brighter than usual outdoors, that’s probably because Aura-Aura, the star of Aura-Aura Climber™, has fallen out of the sky. While you’re out having fun, take and share some crazy pictures of your friends and family with Faceez, or spend a few relaxing hours directing flights with Flight Control™. And while you’re out there, you might want to spend some time helping a little boy recover his lost pet goldfish, Flipper.
Keep the skies safe on your Nintendo DSi with the insanely addictive Nintendo DSiWare download Flight Control for 500 Nintendo Points!
In this action-packed game, you will take on the role of an air traffic controller at an increasingly busy airport. In complete control of the airspace, you must direct aircraft to their appropriate landing zones while avoiding collisions. Youíll travel to airports set among green fields, a beachside resort, the Australian Outback, a winter wonderland and even an aircraft carrier. Learn how to land ten different kinds of aircraft, including jets, seaplanes and helicopters.