GRAPEVINE, Texas—(BUSINESS WIRE)—Can you rock out like Aerosmith or Pat Benatar? Are you a master of Star Power? Does your family jam with the best of them? If so, forget American Idol, Making the Band and America’s Got Talent, GameStop (NYSE:GME), the world’s largest video game and entertainment software retailer, today announced its Ultimate Guitar Hero Contest in search of the best video game rockers.
From now until October 10, 2008, Guitar Hero fans are encouraged to visit www.GameStop.com/UltimateGuitarHero to submit a photo and a brief description (300 words or less) of why they should be crowned champion. Held in anticipation of the Guitar Hero®: World Tour release by Activision on October 26, 2008, GameStop is looking to identify the Ultimate Guitar Heroes in each of following three categories:
Red Octain has a press release concerning Guitar Hero World Tour. Were they describe the different instruments and new features in the game. According to the Press release the Drums will need its own Wii-mote, along with the Guitars, that comes to three if you add a bass. The biggest thing comes at the end of the press release. We may have to pay for battle of the bands! Press release after the jump.
According to yesterdays NPD number, Madden 09 took the top three spots on the Software sales chart. You would think that it would be 360 PS3 and Wii version of …
Featuring 86 Master Tracks, Game Delivers The Biggest Selection of On-Disc Music In The Music-Rhythm Videogame Genre To Date
Friday 12th September/… Delivering unparalleled depth and diversity featuring some of the most prolific artists of all time including Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Van Halen, Metallica, Ozzy Osbourne, Michael Jackson and more, Activision Publishing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) today revealed the highly-anticipated full set list for Guitar Hero® World Tour, the definitive rock ‘n’ roll music videogaming experience. Spanning over 40 years of rock history and featuring 86 tracks, comprised entirely of master recordings, the game will deliver Guitar Hero® fans the largest selection of on-disc music in the music-rhythm videogame genre to date.
The complete Guitar Hero World Tour on-disc set list available this autumn will include:
IN STORES JANUARY 2009
Guitar Hero 2009 Mix & Match Guitars, Wave 1
Build your own guitar with interchangeable guitar heads, necks and bodies. 2-packs include stands and stickers for customization!
– Feedback guitar (Effervescence pattern) & Voracious guitar (Cedar Ripple pattern)
– Feedback guitar (Machine pattern) & Frydaze guitar (Tiger Stripes pattern)
– Frydaze guitar (The Forge pattern) & Widowmaker guitar (Dragon pattern)
– Widowmaker guitar (Paisley Dream pattern) & Voracious guitar (Camo pattern)
– Voracious guitar (Cubert pattern) & Frydaze guitar (Boltz pattern)
Sept. 11, 2008
Nintendo DS™ and Wii™ again topped the hardware sales charts for August, according to the independent NPD Group, which tracks video game sales in the United States. …
* Share the Music
* Stream over 50 songs between Guitar Hero On Tour: Decades and Guitar Hero: On Tour using local wireless play
* A New Musical Offering: Rock out to 25 all new songs and 3 bonus tracks, with some of the greatest hits from each decade. Twenty one songs will be exclusive to Guitar Hero On Tour: Decades and 7 will be taken from Guitar Hero® World Tour.
Announced song list:
* Modern: Foo Fighters – The Pretender
* 2000s: Red Hot Chili Peppers – Can’t Stop
* 1990s: Blind Melon – No Rain
* 1980s: Bon Jovi – You Give Love a Bad Name
* 1970s: Lynyrd Skynyrd – Sweet Home Alabama (Live)
Police Frontman/Bassist Sting to Lend Voice and Likeness; Rockers Tool Bring Three Popular Tracks and Band-Designed Venue to the Game
Friday 5th September/… Rock and roll legend Sting and progressive metal pioneers Tool are making their video game debuts, contributing more than just music, in Activision Publishing, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: ATVI) Guitar Hero® World Tour.
In what will be the largest collection of artists ever to appear in a Guitar Hero game, singer-songwriter, actor, author, activist and lead singer/bassist of The Police, Sting will add his voice and likeness as an in-game character. Aspiring frontmen can take the stage as Sting throughout their vocal career or play alongside him as he performs one of The Police classics, “Demolition Man.”
….”At this point, we do not anticipate either Nintendo or Sony to match the Xbox 360 price cut,” says Sebastian, citing continuing Wii supply constraints and past remarks by Sony …