High Voltage’s The Conduit:
-Built from the Ground up for Wii
-FPS with Scifi Government Conspiracy Theme
-The Plan for Video Footage is suppose to be this week
-They are working on Other projects. Bozon wants to download and/or buy them
-The other projects are not big epics like Conduit, but they are still very happy with the other two projects they were shown. (WiiWare wasn’t strongly implied)
-30 frames right now shooting for a lock 60, all sorts of control schemes.
-Ign has largest Nintendo Fanbase out there, the Dev was immediately contacted from publishers and developers right after the reveal.
-Bozon wants to work towards industry glory and not just a PR puppet at IGN.
Line Rider Wii:
to see what it’ll be like. Check XBLA may be similar review style. [/i]
Q: Fatal Frame 4 News?
A: No, but they are excited because of Fatal Frame + Suda. Likely no news until E3.
Q: DQ9 no news in forever, whats up with that ?
A: Square hinted to Bozon info will come soon. Square likes to deal with one title at a time
Q:What can Nintendo do to get big western dev houses to jump on the Wii ?
A: Matt wants Nintendo to step up and Publish more games, like back in the day. Wants Nintendo to go out and find the developers to develop. Bozon states how he thinks the Wii is the place for the small guys to put forth big efforts to try and become the big guys. Matt also wants Nintendo to reach out for synergy marketing with other big publishing houses.
Q: World Ends with You or Mario Kart Wii?
A: If World Ends With You is your type of game, get it before its gone. Mario Kart you can get now or a year from now. If you own a Wii, you gotta get Mario Kart Wii at some time, but World Ends With You won’t be around forever.
Game Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 LTD
Metroid Prime 39,829 12,058 6,110 57,997 Metroid Prime 2 17,680 6,254 40,355 Metroid Prime 3 34,151 13,687 59,180
MPH 32,613 9,024 8,496 …
Scores: DS Doraemon DS 8、8、7、7 Flower, sun and rain 7、7、8、7
Wii Metroid Prime 3 8、8、8、7 Family Jockey 8、7、6、6 Playground 5、4、4、3
PS3 Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan! 10、9、9、9 Guitar Hero 3 9、7、8、8
PS2 Guitar Hero 3 9、7、8、8 Castle in Hell …
Matt talks “Deadly Creatures” by THQ: Think that it takes place in a wasteland, maybe after man is dead. One of the final stages could be a broken down gas station in middle of the destert. “Looks like it could be pretty cool. Graphics aren’t too bad for Wii.”
-Matt mentions that some people thought that the trailer shown on IGN is “CGI”. It in fact is NOT, according to THQ. It is real-time graphics. “Hopefully that’s true..” Says Bozon
-Not one of the “dark games” that they have been talking about. More stuff coming the week AFTER GDC about it. IGN wants to have a “correct blowout” for said dark game.
-DQ: Swords: “Pretty cool, very very thin. Straightforward. Perfect for 7-year old niece.”
“A cool un-gamer game.”-Bozon. More options needed in controls. Diagonals don’t always register as they should. “Could have been on Wii-Ware for $10.”-Bozon
Super Smash Bros. Brawl – 10
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates – 7.0
Dungeon Explorer: Warriors of Ancient Arts – 6.5
No More Heroes – 8.0
Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer – 6.5
Bomberman Land – 5.0
Apollo Justice: Ace Attourney – 8.0
Assassin’s Creed: Altair’s Chronicles – 7.5
WWII Aces – 3.0
Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors – 7.0
Naruto: Ninja Destiny – 7.0
THQ Dan Ryan (associate game designer) on podcast
– Could see another Smackdown game next year
– Matt thinks it’d be crazy, since usually, it’s not considered a yearly franchise
– Bozon thinks first game was a great first step for the franchise
– Fun, great first effort
– Impossible to put in all modes, etc in first game for Wii plus motion controls with no problem
– Ryan says they read reviews, take everything into account
– Can’t confirm/deny there’s another game in the works
– May want to change the game to add more interaction
– Ryan knows fans had like it, but had bigger expectations, went to casual-gaming pick up and play audience
– Anyone could play, have fun with it immediately
– Mii functionality could be taken further – Ryan loves the Wii features, weather channel can be used, mail from characters, etc.
– During the podcast, Matt and Bozon are always shirtless
– Event like last year at Wrestlemania – may get more official news there
– More interesting guests on the show in the future – Ryan exits