Action Arcade Wrestling makes in-ring debut this February
There's not gonna be a PPV! It's gonna happen right here!
Turn off the camera, Landon, it’s time to start playing. VICO Game Studio and Reverb Triple XP (not H?) have just announced that Action Arcade Wrestling will launch for Nintendo Switch this February.
Originally launched on IndieGoGo with attachments to the now defunct Chikara wrestling promotion, Action Arcade Wrestling has now taken on its own identity and achieved a “mostly positive” rating on Steam. And within a few weeks, Switch gamers will be able to enjoy the ’90s arcade-style wrestling action.
Choose from over 30 mighty characters and brawl across over 25 playable game modes, including 5-on-5 tag team, Elimination matches, Battle Royale, and more. Perform moonsaults, grab power-ups, unleash laser beams, and pummel the opposition with giant squeaky hammers! After sending rivals to dream land, head to the extensive Wrestle Lab to create the world’s greatest wrestling star, legendary superhero, or even recreate your friends! From old school rasslin’ fans to newcomers and everyone in between, Action Arcade Wrestling on Nintendo Switch can be enjoyed by anyone – anytime and anywhere!
Action Arcade Wrestling prides itself on not being “overly simulated,” but it’s still stacked with features:
- Intuitive controls allow players of all ages and skill levels to easily jump into the arcade wrestling mayhem.
- Over 30 unique, superhero-like wrestlers and the ability to create your own.
- 3D cel-shaded visuals provide a throwback arcade look that captures the outrageous and colorful past of wrestling games.
- Over 700 hand-crafted animations to perfectly capture the movement and antics that make AAW unique to the wrestling world.
- Inclusion of the free Wrestle Lab Creation Suite that puts more creative power in the hands of players. Loads of wrestler and arena options are available, including body morphing, texture uploads, face mapping, move set assignments, physics-based accessories and more.
The official release date has not been confirmed, but we’ll update this story once the announcement has been made. In the meantime, grapplers can learn more at www.actionarcadewrestling.com.