Animal Crossing: New Horizons has justifiably received an overwhelming amount of support since its release on March 20th, 2020. Unfortunately, that support didn’t extend itself with the Bunny Day event because of the egg spawn rate. However, it seems Nintendo is righting their mistake by providing us with a heap of new content on April 23rd.
This free update will include favorites from prior entries in the series as well as new content. Series favorites’ returning include Jolly Redd’s art and Leif’s Garden Shop. The museum is also being expanded to include an area that you can display your art that you get from Jolly Redd’s Treasure Trawler. In terms of events, Animal Crossing: New Horizons fans can expect International Museum Day, May Day Tour, Wedding Season, and the previously announced Nature Day. Surely, there will be plenty of other events eventually, but these are the events that we have exact details about.
- Leif’s Garden Shop – Nature-loving Leif will regularly visit players’ islands to sell his flourishing assortment of foliage, including shrubs and flower seeds. These decorative items will help make any island paradise a little greener.
- Jolly Redd’s Treasure Trawler – After downloading the free update, Jolly Redd will occasionally show up in his boat to sell in-game art, as well as furniture with unique colors. Like in previous Animal Crossing games, players will have to figure out which art pieces are real and which are fake. After purchasing genuine art, players can donate it to the island museum to open an art gallery, which will display all types of donated pieces, from paintings to sculptures.
- Nature Day (April 23-May 4) – During the Nature Day period, special Nook Miles challenges will be available that focus on nature-inspired goals, such as planting trees and watering flowers.
- May Day Tour (May 1-7) – In the first week of May, players can use a one-time May Day Ticket at the island airport to head out on a limited-time tour to an island that looks different than the usual mystery island tours. A special visitor who looks familiar might also be there…
- International Museum Day (May 18-31) – To celebrate International Museum Day, players can take part in a Stamp Rally. After receiving a special stamp card, players can enjoy viewing fish, insects and fossils while collecting stamps at the various museum exhibits to earn an in-game reward.
- Wedding Season (June 1-30) – During a nuptial-themed June, players can visit Harvey’s island to meet the married couple Reese and Cyrus, as well as help arrange and take anniversary photos with them in the wedding-picture studio. Players will get wedding-themed items as a token of their gratitude.
Source: Nintendo PR
If you like our news and review coverage at Pure Nintendo, then you should consider subscribing to our magazine via Patreon. Pure Nintendo Magazine has exclusive coverage you will not find on the website, e.g. features, previews, interviews, and more!