Artifex Mundi reveals what’s behind the Irony Curtain
Artifex Mundi has released a new trailer for their forthcoming cold war, communist, comedy adventure game, Irony Curtain: From Matryoshka With Love.
That’s right; earlier this week we talked about a “booze ’em up about waifus, technology, and post-dystopia life” and now we get to look forward to a cold war, communist, comedy adventure. It’s truly a great time to be a Nintendo gamer.
Set in a bizarre Eastern European country ruled by t̶y̶r̶a̶n̶i̶c̶a̶l BELOVED leader, the game will take players through an exciting and often exaggerated spy story of epic communist vs capitalist caricatures. Take on the role of Evan, a bumbling journalist and unbeknown spy as he solves a puzzles, meets the eccentric people of this great nation and reveals what’s actually behind the Irony Curtain.
This is where I’d make a Spies Like Us reference if I felt any of our readers would get it.
Irony Curtain: From Matryoshka With Love will feature:
- An alternate reality unbound by historical accuracy. Explore communistic Matryoshka full of absurd situations and determined citizens who’ll work all possible angles to navigate this illogical, odd country.
- Sleeper spies, stolen secrets and world-domination plots wrapped in layers of humor.
- Strong characters with their own personalities, preferences and backstories.
- Classic point-and-click inspired gaming, but better; no dream-logic, no pixel hunting.
- Non-linear puzzle solving.
- 21 hand-painted locations (that look surprisingly better than their original inspirations).
- 1,951 cleverly smuggled-in easter eggs…some of them punishable by political imprisonment.
- A musical score is as grand as Matryoshka itself, written by the state composer Arkadiusz Reikowski (known for Layers of Fear, Observer, Kholat, My Brother Rabbit).
- Full, professional voice-over in English, with subtitles in Polish and German.
Irony Curtain: From Matryoshka With Love is set for a Q2 2019 release and will cost $19.99.