Astria Ascending launches tomorrow
New trailer launches now.
One of the more intriguing announcements in Nintendo’s E3 2021 Direct was the game Astria Ascending. Boasting a story from Kazushige Nojima (Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy VII Remake), score by Hitoshi Sakimoto (Final Fantasy XII, Vagrant Story), and art from CyDesignation (Akihiko Yoshida and Hideo Minaba), it certainly piqued the interest of JRPG fans. If you’re in the group, Artisan Studios and Dear Villagers would like to remind you that the game hits the Nintendo eShop tomorrow.
Astria Ascending provides an epic adventure of fate, sacrifice and new beginnings.
In a world where chaos looms, players take control of the Demigods – a motley crew of eight heroes charged with the fate of the world. Each character has their own story, explored across five cities, 25 dungeons, and 30 hours of gameplay (up to 50 for 100 percent completion). Along with the finely tuned turn-based combat, players can try out a range of side quests and mini-games, including an original fantasy-themed token game.
If it looks a little familiar, that may be because the game began life as Zodiac: Orcanon Odyssey, an iOS game from 2015. Don’t get the wrong idea, however; Astria Ascending is much more than just a port or a remaster; it’s a whole new game set within a much larger world.
In Astria Ascending, players will:
- Fight for the future while you reckon with the past; sacrifice everything, relinquish nothing.
- Travel the world of Orcanon, a richly imagined and fully animated 2D landscape with five cities and a dynamic weather system.
- Pick from eight customizable characters spanning a range of fantastical races and skills, and assemble a diverse team of heroes.
- Work together to save the world, waging strategic turn-based battles using the innovative focus point system.
- Enjoy music and SFX from composer Hitoshi Sakimoto.