The North American Marketing agency (NPD) has released their video game industry findings for August 2015.
Top selling games from August.
1. Madden NFL 16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
2. Minecraft (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
3. Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (Xbox One)
4. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
5. Lego: Jurassic World (360, 3DS, Wii U, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, Vita)
6. Rare Replay (Xbox One)
7. Until Dawn (PS4)
8. Call of Duty: Black Ops Combo Pack (360, PS3)
9. Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4, Xbox One)
10. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
Normally Nintendo refrains from commenting on NPD data, unless they have something good to share. Seeing they made a few statements, August was another good month.
Nintendo announced that over 7 million amiibo’s have been sold in North America alone.
Nintendo also announced that Splatoon has reached 600 thousand in sales in North America, 80 thousand in August alone.
Finally, Nintendo announced that the 3DS produced a 30 percent increase in sales over the first 8 months of 2015.