Boss Fight Books: Season 2 Kickstarter Funded Within Hours
Just announced this morning, the campaign for further books on classic video games has already nearly doubled its modest goal! With over 200 backers and $9000 + dollars pledged, fans will soon have much to look forward to from the series.
The campaign is here with a video, book covers, and more: http://kck.st/1yRxaF2
Here’s what we’ve got planned:
– Ashly and Anthony Burch of Borderlands 2 and “Hey Ash, Whatcha Playin” are working on a book about Metal Gear Solid.
– There will be a book about Spelunky by Derek Yu, the creator of Spelunky himself.
– Daniel Lisi is writing a book about World of Warcraft, and will have access to Blizzard higher-ups who made the game.
– I’m (Gabe Durham) writing a book about Bible Adventures and the strange story of Wisdom Tree, the unlicensed Christian development company of the early 90s.
– The award-winning novelist Matt Bell is working on a book about Bioware’s D&D epic, Baldur’s Gate II: Shadows of Amn.
– We are doing another fan-selected title. Backers will vote on what game they want to read a book about.
Pure Nintendo was privileged to receive a few books from Season 1. Curious about Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, and Super Mario Bros. 2? James Casson, Tristan Meiman, and myself will share our thoughts on them in the coming weeks.