Action platformer Castle of Heart is coming exclusively to the Nintendo Switch soon, developers 7levels announced today. While no official release date has been announced, the game will hit the Switch in the first quarter of 2018.
In Castle of Heart, players take on the role of a cursed knight who has been turned into stone. You’ll have to keep moving and fighting through enemies to avoid disintegration. To help you on your journey, the game features various combat styles, including short and long-range weapons plus power-ups.
As you embark on your quest to challenge the dark ruler, you’ll journey through 20 levels set in 4 environments. Enemies promise to vary greatly, requiring a strategic approach to defeating them as the gameplay changes. Select your weapon, from a humble sword to powerful magic, but beware of your body’s stony limits. If you lose too much energy, you may lose a limb, affecting your ability to fight.
Castle of Heart’s aesthetics are inspired by Slavic mythology, including famous, mystical locations in Poland. The detailed 3D graphics feature changing landscapes and weather conditions, set in a dark fantasy world reminiscent of classic action-platformer titles.
Other features include:
- A unique main character: a knight turned into stone who needs to keep fighting to avoid
- 20 completely different levels in 4 beautiful environments loosely inspired by real-life
- Roughly 50 types of both short- and long-range weapons, allowing each gamer to find their own, individual combat style
- HD Rumble support, further increasing players’ immersion
- At least 7 hours of addictive, exciting gameplay
- Epic boss fights at the end of every location
- Breathtaking graphic design
- Numerous power-ups that enrich the gameplay
Castle of Heart will launch on the Nintendo Switch in quarter one, 2018. In the meantime, check out the trailer below and let us know your thoughts on this exclusive Switch title.