Development Update On Wii U Exclusive Devil’s Third
Devil’s Third was announced for Wii U earlier this year at E3 but not much has been revealed about the game since. Tomonobu Itagaki, creator of Devil’s Third, changed that recently by posting a development update on the Wii U exclusive via his Facebook page. The update outlines what kind of game Devil’s Third will be, release information updates, and a few bullet points about the multiplayer aspects of the game. None of the information really goes in-depth about anything in particular but rather is more of an assurance that the game is still in development. Itagaki’s Facebook post is in Japanese with a rough English translation. Below is the tweaked English translation which can be found at Gematsu.
I recently received lots of questions about Devil’s Third from my fans.
I’d like to speak about development status of Devil’s Third in my own words, to the extent that I am allowed.
- Devil’s Third is a strong fusion between action games and shooters.
- Devil’s Third development is going smoothly. In other words, we finished editing the closing movie the other day.
- Devil’s Third will be released next year. Nintendo has already announced this in their press release.
- The scale of Devil’s Third‘s story mode is greater than that of Ninja Gaiden.
- Devil’s Third demolishes the standard of past console games in online multiplayer.
- Almost all specifications I wanted to do were implemented. I got an up-close look at the great forerunners Call of Duty, Battlefield, Gears of War, and my beloved Halo. On that basis, we added completely new level of playability that only we can create.
- Anyone can enjoy this game; from casual gamers to hard-core gamers. Let me put it this way. You guys can throw a fun party, or can kill each other in realistic war. You can play your heart out.
- This is all I can disclose to you today. I can’t tell you when the war will begin. It’s the way the world goes. I really want to tell you more, my fans waiting with crushing frustration.
It’s rough on a man!
Well, be patient just a little longer. Don’t miss it!