Blizzard is rolling out a new update on Nintendo Switch for Diablo III: Eternal Collection. It adds support for Season 17, which kicks off on May 17.
In addition to seasonal support, there are also legendary item updates, new Torment levels, a bunch of quality of life changes. Hey, there’s also a nightmarish Seasonal buff! And don’t forget the new cosmetic item that reminds me of Groot from Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy… remember “We are Groot”!
Here are the full patch notes:
- Torment 14, 15, and 16 have been added to the game
- Reward and difficulty levels of all new Torments closely match Greater Rift 65, 70, and 75 respectively
- Portals left behind by Treasure Goblins may occasionally lead somewhere udderly ridiculous
- Using an Ancient or Primal Puzzle Ring in Kanai’s Cube will produce a new result
- When a boss is killed in a Nephalem Rift, a permanent ping will mark the location of the boss’ death until the Rift is closed
- Matchmaking no longer prevents players from joining a game while a Greater Rift is already in progress
- Players who join the game will still be unable to join a Greater Rift in progress
- The progress bar for a Greater Rift is now visible to all players in the game, regardless of whether they are participating in the Rift or not
- Challenge Rifts
- The amount of Death’s Breath rewarded by completing a Challenge Rift has been increased
Quality of Life
- Most Bounty indicators are now displayed immediately after entering the Bounty area
- Death’s Breath now drop in Horadric Caches
Developer Comment: With 2.6.5, we’re aiming to address some of the longest standing and most desired quality of life features the community has brought to us. We’ve hit a little bit of everything, from adding additional Torment levels, making Ancient/Primal Puzzle Rings feel rewarding, and adding some Stash space improvements. Other changes were made to help smooth out overall gameplay, such as making Bounties feel like less of a chore and more rewarding and reworking a few of our notification screens.
In addition, we encountered a lot of technical issues with increasing overall stash space for players. Unfortunately, as these issues caused significant degredation of the overall gameplay experience, we ultimately had to take a step back on this quality of life improvement and table it for now.
- The Season Journey Journal now displays all chapters, regardless of current progression
- There is a new reward for completing the entirety of the Season Journey (Guardian)
- For Season 17, the Galactic Wings are available
- Added the buff for Season 17
- Player’s damage dealt is increased by 750% and damage taken is reduced by 4% for every Ancient Item they have equipped while having no Set Bonuses Active
Developer’s Comment: The Season of Grandeur was by far our most popular Themed Season yet. In the wake of having a free Ring of Royal Grandeur active, we saw a lot of requests to try the same thing with the Legacy of Nightmares set power. We had been toying with the same idea internally, and the community request really nudged us over the edge of giving it a go!
- (NEW) Bottomless Potion of the Unfettered
- Become immune to control-impairing effects for 5-7 seconds after drinking this potion
- Akkhan’s Leniency
- Each enemy hit by your Blessed Shield increases damage of your Blessed Shield by
15-20%35-40% for 3 seconds
- Bloodtide Blade
- Death Nova deals
80-100%300-400% increased damage for every enemy within 25 yards
510 Fetishes closest to you will shoot a powerful Poison Dart every time you do
- Chantodo’s Will
- Every second while in Archon form you expel a Wave of Destruction, dealing
1000%4000% weapon damage to enemies within 30 yards. Every time you hit with an attack while not in Archon form, 1000%4000% weapon damage is added to the Wave of Destruction, stacking up to 20 times
- Wave of Destruction damage now scale with attack speed
- The Dagger of Darts
- Your Poison Darts and your Fetishes’ Poison Darts now pierce and deal an additional [400-500%] damage.
- Grace of Inarius
- 6-Piece Bonus
- Bone Armor also activates a swirling tornado of bone, damaging nearby enemies for 1000% weapon damage and increasing the damage they take from the Necromancer by
- Iron Rose
- Attacking with Siphon Blood has a
40-50%100% chance to cast a free Blood Nova
- Blessed Shield ricochets to 6 additional enemies and has its damage increased by
- Sage’s Set
- Now doubles the amount of Death’s Breaths that drop
- Previous: Increases Death’s Breath drops by 1
- Sin Seekers
- Now also adds 250-300% damage to Rapid Fire
- Wojahnni Assaulter
- Rapid Fire deals
60-75%75-100% increased damage for every half second that you channel. Stacks up to 430 times.
- The stacks gained from Wojahnni Assaulter now also stack much more quickly
Developer’s Comment: With Patch 2.6.4, we focused on making a lot of changes to different class sets to open up build diversity and level out the comparable power between classes. With 2.6.5, we’re continuing that trend through adjustments to (mostly) Legendary powers we feel have a very strong, fun fantasy, but needed some damage bumps.
- Necromancer Simulacrums now benefit from the Trag’Oul’s Avatar 6-Piece Bonus
- Fixed an issue where The Immortal King’s Set Dungeon objective numbers were incorrect
- Fixed an issue where Greater Rift 70 first-time completion Primal drops were occurring for players even if they did not succeed at the 15-minute completion time
- Fixed an issue where Bounties that required interacting with an object would not update the next objective immediately after completing one
- Fixed an issue where a second Puzzle Ring tab would be shown in the Kanai’s Cube UI when a Puzzle Ring was equipped (Console Only)
- Fixed an issue where Keywarden icons would not show up on the map in Torment level games (Switch Only)
- Fixed an issue where some subtitles in the Taiwan localization would exceed the screen limit (Switch only)
Source: Link 1
How do you feel about the brand new Diablo III: Eternal Collection season? Are the brand new items to your liking? Do you approve these quality of life changes? Will you be playing season seventeen? We’d love to hear your feedback on our various social media pages, or in the comments below.