DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS ANNOUNCES THE WHIMSICAL ARRIVAL OF DISNEY FAIRIES: TINKER BELL FOR NINTENDO DSTM THIS CHRISTMAS
This new video game brings the popular Disney Fairy, Tinker Bell, and her magical world to life for girls nationwide
LONDON, England. – (May 22, 2008) – Disney Interactive Studios today announced Disney Fairies: Tinker Bell for Nintendo DS™ will be available nationwide this 2008 Christmas season. For the first time on the handheld platform, fans of Disney Fairies and beloved Tinker Bell can explore the delightful world of Pixie Hollow and play as the popular Fairy herself. Disney Fairies: Tinker Bell allows girls to interact with dozens of enchanting Disney Fairies, including Silvermist, Iridessa and Fawn, and explore Pixie Hollow through time-based activities and mini-quests.
“Disney Fairies has become a phenomenon all around the world,” said Craig Relyea, senior vice president of global marketing, Disney Interactive Studios. “Bringing the game to DS allows fans to play as Tinker Bell and take the Fairies world everywhere they go, while having fun learning about the importance of creativity, teamwork and responsibility.”
Disney Fairies: Tinker Bell is a color-rich, deep and detailed game that mirrors the beautiful Fairies world that girls have come to love and cherish. In the game, Tinker Bell invites players to discover her mystical world, embark on adventures, explore their fashion tastes and complete fun quests to prepare for the coming seasons.
Disney Fairies: Tinker Bell game features:
- Choose from hundreds of dresses, costumes, shoes and accessories to fully customise Tinker Bell.
- Create new designs featuring hearts, flowers and other patterns to place onto outfits.
- Barter and trade items collected in Pixie Hollow with other Fairies for new clothing and accessories.
- Create trends by gifting outfits to friends and watch as Pixie Hollow becomes filled with Fairies dressed in those outfits.
- Earn medals and form new friendships when completing special tasks for other Fairies in Pixie Hollow, including repairing broken items using Tinker Bell’s special tinkering power and locating missing items.
- Engage in challenging and fun mini-games, such as catching dew drops, painting ladybugs and tickling silkworms.
- Utilizes the DS real-time clock, so environments will reflect time of year or time of day. Girls will witness snow falling in the winter time, fireflies coming out at night and Fairies throwing a huge bash on their birthday.
Published by Disney Interactive Studios and developed by Genius Sonority, Disney Fairies: Tinker Bell will be available Christmas 2008 on Nintendo DS.
For more information on Disney Interactive Studios, visit http://www.disney.com/videogames.
Product names, dates, pricing and platform availability are not final and may be subject to change.