Final Fantasy Release Date Announced For Europe
FINAL FANTASY IV SET FOR NINTENDO DS
FINAL FANTASY IV
THE STORY THAT SET A NEW RPG STANDARD
RETURNS ON NINTENDO DS
London (24th April 2008) – Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces that FINAL FANTASY® IV will be released across PAL territories in Summer 2008 exclusively on the Nintendo DS™ system.
FINAL FANTASY IV, one of the highest rated adventure games of all time, makes an impressive return on Nintendo DS. With improved 3D graphics, fully-voiced dramatic cut-scenes, an inspiring remixed score and additional content never before seen, there has never been a better time to immerse yourself in this masterpiece of interactive storytelling.
The game that broke the RPG moulds with its innovative Active Time Battle (ATB) system has been revamped, whilst keeping all the charm of the original release. The gameplay benefits from all the Nintendo DS capabilities and allows for a deeper and richer experience of a tale of exceptional heroes, inevitable betrayal, unforeseen redemption, endless love and colossal magic.
John Yamamoto, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix Ltd. comments, “FINAL FANTASY IV is a benchmark in RPG history. This improved version of FINAL FANTASY IV is a great opportunity for fans, old and new alike, to experience one of the definitive titles in the FINAL FANTASY series in an exciting and innovative new way”.
About FINAL FANTASY IV
Four elemental Crystals, each possessing the awesome power, lie scattered throughout the realm. However, men are quick to covet things which offer strength, and easily corrupted by the might which they possess…
Seduced by the promised power of the Crystals, the kingdom of Baron begins employing unprovoked force to seize them from peaceful nations. The dark night Cecil – Lord Captain of Baron’s elite force, the Red Wings – is ordered by his king to obtain the Crystals, but soon begins to question the monarch’s motives. Stricken with grief at his own actions, yet burdened by his loyalty to his country and his personal sense of honour, Cecil at last decided to turn from the path of darkness and destruction.
Enraged, he king accuses him of disloyalty, strips Cecil of his command, and sends him off to slay a mysterious beast that lurks in the nearby Valley of Mist. Cecil embarks on a fateful journey that will bring trials, betrayals, friendship, loss and self-discovery. Can Cecil open his eyes and become the man of honour that he must be?
– One of the most loved FINAL FANTASY games ever made, returns with a full remake for Nintendo DS.
– A classic, superbly written adventure with heroes, betrayal, redemption, love and magic are awaiting you.
– Beautiful 3D graphics with a stunning hand-painted style and fully arranged audio immerse you into the world of FINAL FANTASY IV like never before.
– Superb gameplay now with all-round additions including Touch Screen control, enhanced Dual Screen usage, arranged boss battles, a dungeon mapping system and also the facility for characters to learn abilities from their friends.
– Fully-voiced cut-scenes, with high quality 3D characters maximise use of the hardware to set a new standard in Nintendo DS storytelling.
– New additional episodes let you explore the unseen lives of the main characters.
– Event Theatre bonus mode lets you replay any scenes that have already been viewed.
– Special new mini-game lets you nurture your own summon monster and battle a friend via DS Wireless Communications!