Fist of the North Star: Ken’s Rage 2 Coming to Wii U on Feb. 7
BURLINGAME, Calif. January 14th, 2013 – TECMO KOEI AMERICA announces today that a download only Wii U™ version of the second video game adaptation of renowned action manga ‘Fist of the North Star’, entitled ‘Fist of the North Star: Ken’s Rage 2’, will be releasedon February 7th, 2013. Fist of the North Star: Ken’s Rage 2 will also be released on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system via the PlayStation® Network on February 5th, 2013.
‘Fist of the North Star: Ken’s Rage 2’ follows the storyline of the entire manga and offers players a variety of modes and new features:
- Legend mode starts with a re-imagined version of ‘Raoh’ and covers ‘Celestial Emperor’ and ‘Land of Shura’. This way the game can be enjoyed by both existing fans of the manga and newcomers to Kenshiro’s post-apocalyptic world. Different characters will be controlled for each episode while ‘boss’ encounters will feature entire famous scenes from the manga.
Additionally, ‘Fist of the North Star: Ken’s Rage 2’ also features an episode dedicated to Ken’s faithful companions, Bat and Rin. This chapter, although part of the original manga, has never before been visualised and provides a brand new, original experience for players.
- Over 20 playable characters will be available, including Juda, Rei, Shew, Shin, Thouzer, Jagi, Raoh, Toki, Fudo, Juza, Mamiya, Ryuga, Ein, Falco, Hyou, Kaioh, Shachi, and more.
- Dynamic new moves. The destructive power of the techniques of Hokuto Shinken and Nanto Seiken meet the intense action of the Warriors series to produce a thrilling experience. In addition to the signature moves of the first title, new actions such as ‘sprint’ and ‘dodge’ have been added to the move sets.
- Dream Mode introduces new, original storylines to the Fist of the North Star Universe while bridging the gaps between parts of the main story, often focusing on some of the series’ minor characters.
- Online Co-Op and Versus play. Four to eight players can use Dream Mode to enjoy online co-op or versus play.
*Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox LIVE are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.