Finnish developer Frozenbyte has confirmed a Holiday 2017 release for their upcoming co-op adventure, Nine Parchments.
The game is described as a co-op blast ’em up, combining real-time spell-shooting action with RPG elements and featuring online and local co-op for up to four players. Other features include:
- Wield the power of the elements and master a diverse and ever-changing arsenal of spell
- Unlock new playable characters, wizard hats and magical staves
- Level up and train your characters in the magical arts, but choose your path wisely!
- Battle strange creatures & mighty bosses in a breathtakingly beautiful world, set in the Trine universe
The announcement came alongside the latest Nindie Showcase, with its own trailer to show of the beautiful visuals and co-op gameplay. You’ll also be able to see the game in action at several upcoming events, including:
- Aug 31 – Pre-PAX ID@Xbox Open House (Redmond)
- Aug 31 – Nindies@Night (Seattle)
- Sept 1-4 – The Indie MEGABOOTH at PAX West (Seattle)
- Sept 1-4 – The Nindies Arcade at PAX West (Seattle)
- Sept 1 – The Mix (Seattle)
- Sept 21-24 – Tokyo Game Show (Tokyo)
Check out the announcement trailer above and let us know if you’re looking forward to playing this magical co-op adventure on your Switch later this year.