Get into the Wargroove on Nintendo Switch February 1st
Nintendo Europe’s Indie Highlights Showcase today came with the announcement that the turn-based strategy game, Wargroove, will be arriving on Nintendo Switch on Friday, February 1st. The game will be available as an eShop download for £15.99 / $19.99 / 16.99€.
The announcement also came with a pretty slick announcement trailer, which you can check out above.
In Wargroove, players take to the battlefield for turn-based solo or multiplayer combat for up to four players. Your chosen commander from a cast of 12+ will wage war against other factions, using his/her/its “groove” to strategically sway the fight in your favor. Players can design and share their custom-created maps, cut-scenes, and campaign stories with easy-to-use editors and in-depth customization tools.
Additional features include:
- Multiplayer skirmish modes with complete rule customization, as well as local and online competitive and co-op play.
- The ability to learn more about each character you encounter through a trial of boisterous bouts in Arcade mode, fighting 5 different opponents in quick succession.
- Puzzle mode, in which you’ll use your strategic skills to complete tricky challenges in just one turn.
- A codex that provides the history and lore of the world of Wargroove and its inhabitants, as well as handy strategy tips and rules for use in battle.
- Hidden in-game content and unlockables “old school style.” Be the first to uncover all the secrets of Wargroove.