13AM Games and Headup Games have announced the arrival of colorful party game, Runbow, on the Nintendo Switch. The award-winning, chaotic game will be released worldwide on April 24 digitally, followed by a deluxe retail edition on June 14.
Runbow’s unique concept features an eye-catching color mechanic that involves a continually changing background. The game supports up to nine players online and eight locally for multiplayer madness, as racers brawl with each other while objects and platforms appear or disappear. If you’re short of that many players, never fear – the game also features a bevy of content in its single-player modes that will test the skills and minds of any seasoned platformer.
Other features include:
- Go head to head with your friends, locally or online, in several modes, like Run, Arena, or King of the Hill. Host a Private Game for you or your friends, or hop into an Open Party and take on the world!
- Tons of costumes and indie guest characters are waiting for you to unlock, including Shovel Knight, CommanderVideo, Shantae, Lilac, and many more.
- Save Poster District from the evil Satura in Adventure, and choose your own path through a massive map of over 140 single player levels.
- Take on The Bowhemoth, a single, ultra-difficult challenge in the belly of a colossal beast. On your own or with friends, it’s sure to test the skills of even the toughest platforming veterans.
- Hundreds of pieces of unlockable Gallery content await you, from concept art to characters, and even some hidden secrets…
Runbow’s retail version will include all original DLC plus a surprise for fans in the form of yet-to-be-announced physical goodies. We’ll keep you posted on what this could be.
In the meantime, check out the deluxe trailer (for the Wii U) below. Will you be purchasing the digital version, or holding out for the deluxe retail edition?