How to transfer data from the Wii to the Wii U
I am sure some of you have been wondering how exactly you will be getting your WiiWare and saved files to the newly purchased Wii U. Here is a quick rundown of the steps to do so.
- Put SD card in the Wii U
- Open up the Wii U transfer application.
- Put the SD card into the Wii
- Open the Wii transfer application
- This will move data to the SD card
- Put SD card back into the Wii U.
- Data will be moved over and then deleted from the SD card.
Data that can be transferred.
- Wii Software save data
- WiiWare and save data
- Virtual Console titles and save data
- Add-on content
- Wii Points
- Wii Shop Channel activity
- Mii characters