The Pure Nintendo 2014 predictions
For those who are new to Pure Nintendo, for the past five years Justin (PN Owner) and I have battled it out to become Nintendo gods…ok at least the greatest guessers OF ALL TIME! At the end of each year Justin and I look into our crystal balls to predict ten things we think will happen during the coming year. At this moment Justin holds a 3-2 lead over this humble guy. First, let us see how we did with our 2013 predictions.
The 2013 predictions of James
- A new Zelda game will be released.
- A new StarFox game will finally come out.
- Nintendo has been holding back a lot for the 3DS during the Wii U launch months. First half of 2013 will focus on 3DS. Second half on the Wii U.
- Pikmin will come out later than sooner, around the summer time.
- Nintendo will release another large patch, similar to the release patch, which will fix a lot of the issues surrounding the Wii U OS.
- GTA V will come to the Wii U.
- Something related to Smash Bros. will be shown off.
- New Metroid game will be shown off.
- A Music based game will make a comeback.
- Pure Nintendo magazine will have a powerful year.
The 2013 predictions of Justin
- The successor to Super Mario Galaxy to be shown.
- Nintendo Network ID/Miiverse to be implemented on the 3DS.
- GTA V announced for Wii U.
- A small teaser for Smash Bros. (3DS/Wii U) will be shown in 2013
- Wii U Sports compilation announced
- 3DS Zelda to debut in some form in 2013
- Retro Studios to show off their next project
- Our first glimpse of Mario Kart on the Wii U
- Next Pokemon RPG announced for 3DS
- Wii U games utilizing 2 Wii U GamePads to be demoed in 2013
What do you think? Looks like Justin won for the third year in a row. The Pure Nintendo staff dissected these predictions in the last Koopa Kast of the year. You can check out that Koopa Kast HERE.
Now, let us take a look at the 2014 predictions.
The awesome 2014 predictions of James:
- New 3DS design , probably the light version.
- Super Smash Brothers will be out sooner than later. Probably near the end of summer.
- Retro’s next title, after Donkey Kong, will be revealed.
- Nintendo will go back to holding presser at E3 2014.
- New Star Fox game announced.
- Nintendo will introduce a new IP for the Wii U.
- The Wii U will end 2014 with the 2nd most home system sales.
- New Wii U Zelda game will be the darkest yet.
- Zelda Wii U will be announced for a 2015 release.
- The 3DS family will be the top seller of 2014.
The 2014 predictions of Justin:
- Zelda Wii U will be unveiled.
- At least 1 new Wii U game will be shown taking advantage of the NFC features of the GamePad.
- Miyamoto to show off his new IP.
- A new Metroid game announced.
- Wii U to see another price drop.
- New peripheral/expansion announced for Wii U GamePad.
- A new 3DS hardware revision announced, possibly a lighter/slimmer model.
- New Star Fox game announced.
- Advance Wars sequel to debut.
- More connectivity features announced between 3DS and Wii U.
What do you think of these 2014 predictions? What are some of your predictions?
Happy New Year everyone!