Action platformer Joggernauts is receiving an update that will add new levels and some familiar faces to the roster of jogging aliens. Guest characters from West of Loathing, Runbow & BIT.TRIP Runner will be playable characters in the game.
The awesome guest list includes:
- Cowpokes from West of Loathing. He was found in a makeshift saloon, which is odd because normally space ships don’t have saloons, and definitely not in their cargo rooms. I mean, there was that one TNG episode, but… well, nevermind.
- Hue and Val from Runbow. They were discovered trying to turn a box of Switchalizer 5000s into some sort of color-based racing game.
- CommanderVideo from BIT.TRIP Runner. He managed to climb a set of stairs, slide into an escape pod, and land on the moon Splizorp. He should be easy to find in one of the new levels, though.
You can check out the new characters in action with this new trailer:
Additionally, Joggernauts has three new levels as part of the update. These are all escape-pod rescue missions where you won’t find more trophies, but you will find unlockable characters.
Other new features include:
- Modifiers menu – In Joggernauts you can modify certain aspects of the game, such as the game’s speed and the number of shared hearts for your team. In the update you can now access the Modifiers menu during level play from the pause menu. You will have to restart the level from the nearest checkpoint, but it is a lot more convenient than having to go back to the world map to make changes.
- Game difficulty – Even with these Modifiers, the team has had feedback that some levels had sections that were too difficult for even the best runners. They’ve made some minor mechanical changes that will hopefully make the learning curve not so steep.
Are you having fun with Joggernauts? Let us know your favorite moment of jogging aliens in the comments section below.