Klabater has announced an official release date for upcoming title We. The Revolution, a well-received indie hit about the French Revolution developed by Polyslash. The game will launch on the Nintendo Switch on 25 June 2019.
We. The Revolution sports a unique art style set in the blood-soaked and paranoid world of the French Revolution. You’ll play the role of a judge of the Revolutionary Tribunal, passing your sentences and playing a dangerous political game – and doing everything in your power to avoid the guillotine yourself.
In We. The Revolution players will:
- shape history, meet famous historical figures and decide who will live and who will die
- experience the oppressive atmosphere of the French Revolution as you know it from classic novels of Alexandre Dumas and Joseph Conrad
- preside over dozens of unique and morally ambiguous court cases, from simple criminal cases to difficult and complex political legal proceedings!
- confront your judgments with your family – your loved ones may often disagree with your decisions, be careful not to lose them!
- run your own courtroom – question witnesses, analyze clues and evidence, read reports, and pass sentences
- make friends and enemies of different rival factions vying for power. Make them your associates or make them disappear!
- engage in a mix of genres, blending case-building with intrigue-crafting and turn-based tactics
- discover the unusual visual style blending the simplicity of polygons with neoclassical art from the revolutionary era.
We. The Revolution found its fanbase earlier this year when it hit PC on 21 March. The game become an indie hit, reaching 2nd position on Steam charts and landing in the top five games streamed on Twitch within a week of its premiere.
The development team has put a lot of effort into adjusting the game’s mechanics for consoles, particularly regarding controls. The simple goal is to create an intuitive interface that allows players to enjoy the game with a console controller.
We know that many gamers who love story-driven narrative games are waiting impatiently for the console edition and we are doing our best to smoothly transit the game to current-gens.
We. The Revolution will be released on the Nintendo Switch on 25 June. If you’re super keen, you can even pre-order your copy of the game right now.
Are you a fan of historical games? Check out the launch trailer below and let us know your thoughts on this unique game and its dark setting.