Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has received its first major update, bringing it to version 1.1.
The update contains quiet a few small changes, including a few improvements to online functionality. One interesting change to note is the adjustment of Inkling Girl’s animation. Her original animation was was considered offensive in some countries.
Here’s the list of changes that come with the version 1.1 update:
- Opponents’ names are displayed in the rear view mirror view in online matches.
- Invincibility period after a spin-out or crash is longer in online matches.
- Up to two players can spectate a friend group while they wait to join.
- Worldwide and Regional modes add players to Mirror and 200cc matches less often.
- Can now properly create a friend lobby when you have 100 or more friends.
- Inkling Girl’s animation has been adjusted.
- Starting positions in online races now properly reflect the order in which players join.
- Driver Miis now properly showing facial expressions.
- Tournament clock now properly reflects real-world time.
Have you tested out any of these changes? Let us know what you think of these tweaks in the comments section.