Mario Kart 8 Boosts Wii U Sales in the UK by a Massive 666%
According to the UKIE – UK Interactive Entertainment – the long-awaited Mario Kart 8 has raced into the sales charts in a huge way in the UK.
The sales data suggests that Wii U hardware sales were boosted by a massive 666% last week, of which 82% were for the Mario Kart 8 bundle.
In the software charts, Mario Kart 8 placed second overall, only bested by another highly-anticipated title, Watch Dogs. This makes Mario Kart 8 the best-selling week 1 game for the Wii U since launch and the second-best launch of any title in the Mario Kart series.
These are certainly good figures, and let’s hope the trend continues in other territories.
Have you drifted your way into Mario’s latest racing title? Let us know in the comments section, or check out our review if you’re still deciding!
Here’s the list of top 10 games for the UK for the week ending May 31, 2014:
- WATCH DOGS – UBISOFT
- MARIO KART 8 – NINTENDO
- WOLFENSTEIN: THE NEW ORDER – BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
- FIFA 14 – ELECTRONIC ARTS
- MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION 3 EDITION – SONY COMPUTER ENT.
- 2014 FIFA WORLD CUP BRAZIL – ELECTRONIC ARTS
- TITANFALL – ELECTRONIC ARTS
- MINECRAFT: XBOX 360 EDITION – MICROSOFT
- CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS – ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
- THE LEGO MOVIE VIDEOGAME – WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE