Metroid Prime 3 Details from Media Summit!!
The latest issue of Play Magazine has some details on Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, which the magazine got to demo last month.
CAUTION: Some Spoilers!!
- First level – You are attacked on a spaceship while meeting with the ship’s captain…action packed
- Play feels motion controls work better than dual joystick
- Super sensitive pointer in “advanced” mode
- Beam stacking ala Super Metroid
- Visor switch: Hold minus and flick Wiimote in certain directions
- Boss fight with Ridley at the end of the first level. Excellent difficulty curve by the time you reach the boss.
- Back tracking in MP3:C makes more sense than in previous Primes
- Extra development time was to give the game more polish. Nintendo wanted “Twilight Princess” levels of polish.
- Game is focused on Metroid fans and hardcore gamers, but still accessible to newcomers due to controls.
- Second level – floating city focused on exploration
- Larger environments, bloom lighting, better textures than Prime 2
- Corruption Mode not available in demo
- Play says it could be the biggest revolution in FPS gaming since Halo.