Midway E3 lineup
CHICAGO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Midway Games Inc. (NYSE: MWY), a leading interactive entertainment publisher and developer, today announced its product portfolio to be shown at the E3 Business & Media Summit, July 11-13 in Los Angeles. This year’s lineup showcases exciting new properties such as Stranglehold™, highly anticipated next generation games such as BlackSite: Area 51™, developed by Midway Studios – Austin, proven brands such as Unreal Tournament® 3 from world renowned developer Epic Games and Ultimate Mortal Kombat®, Midway’s top-selling fighting franchise’s debut on Nintendo DS™; and kid’s games like Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends, based on the top-rated Cartoon Network series.
“Our 2007 E3 lineup truly reflects our product strategy to develop top quality titles in a wide range of genres across all major platforms,” said David F. Zucker, president and CEO, Midway. “With exciting next generation games such as Stranglehold and proven brands like Mortal Kombat, along with games for the younger market and handhelds, this is Midway’s most diverse and strongest line up yet.”
Midway’s Nintendo E3 line up with expected ship dates include:
- Ultimate Mortal Kombat (Nintendo DS, November) — Ultimate Mortal Kombat combines the visceral thrills of the classic Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 and the addictive puzzle action of the Puzzle Kombat component of Midway’s best-selling Mortal Kombat: Deception® in a single DS-friendly package. With unlockable content, new record-keeping capability, and Wi-Fi-connected multiplayer, players will be able take UMK anywhere for fighting action on the go.
- Cruis’n™ (Wii™, November) — An all new version of the classic Midway arcade racer, Cruis’n is coming exclusively to the Nintendo Wii. Choose your ride from an impressive lineup of licensed cars and experience a rush of adrenaline as you race opponents through twelve different street circuits using the Wii remote to steer and perform outrageous stunts. Win races and earn upgrades including: turbos, body kits, neon and nitrous, allowing you to create the ultimate ride.
- Game Party (Wii, November) — Game Party for the Nintendo Wii is a collection of classic skill games from around the world, from American sports venues to European gathering spots. Using the Wii’s unique control interface, you can play classics such as darts; modern favorites such as table hockey and hoop shoot, or participate in multiplayer trivia contests. More than a half dozen games are available. It’s the ultimate party game.
- Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends: Imagination Invaders (Nintendo DS, November) — For the first time on the Nintendo DS experience the fun of Cartoon Network’s hit show in Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends: Imagination Invaders, playing as head mischief-maker Blooregard Q. Kazoo. Goo has done it again…her overactive imagination has conjured up a group of diabolical cosmic invaders, the Space Nut Boogies. They’ve raided Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends and taken Madame Foster hostage in search of The Greatest Thing in the Universe, and it’s up to you to stop them! Play as Bloo as you explore the Foster’s house, sneak past the Space Nut Boogie guards, and gather Mac, Coco, Eduardo and the rest of the gang to rescue Madame Foster!
- TNA iMPACT!™ (PLAYSTATION®3, Xbox 360™, Wii, PlayStation 2; Spring) – TNA iMPACT! is set to be the most complete wrestling videogame to date. Featuring top talent such as Kurt Angle, Christian Cage, Rhino, Christopher Daniels, Jeff Jarret, AJ Styles and more, TNA iMPACT! will deliver all of the excitement and action of the top-rated weekly television show.
- The Bee Game™ (Nintendo DS & Game Boy® Advance, November) — The Bee Game for Nintendo DS and Game Boy Advance lets players experience the adventures of Maya the Bee and her friend Willie as they search for their friends. A strong storm has blown through corn poppy meadow and some of the residents of the hive are now missing! Help Maya and Willie by taking on challenges and completing mini-games to find clues in the meadow, dark forest, blue pond, deep caverns and the garden to locate the other bees.