More From The Chat With XSEED
Last week we posted the first part of a chat with someone inside of XSEED. (See HERE) Now here is the second part.
428 (Sega, Wii)
– Saw the great Famitsu review, but not sure a live Japanese sound novel-type of game could work in the US.
Front Mission 2089: Border of Madness (Square Enix, DS)
– I personally would love to see this title brought over as I love SRPGs in general and especially the Front Mission series, but we will not be able to license Square Enix titles for the US.
Nanashi no Game (Square Enix, DS)
– Another seemlingly great game, but same situation as above.
Misa Yamamura Suspense: Kyoto Murder Files (Tecmo, DS)
Nishimura Kyotaro Suspense Shin Tantei Series: Kyoto Atami Zekkai no Kotou – Satsui no Wana (Tecmo, DS)
Nishimura Kyotaro Suspense 2 Shin Tantei Series: Kanezawa Kankan Gokkan no Kyoukoku Fukushuu no Kage (Tecmo, DS)
– Hadn’t heard of these titles before so will have to find out more information on them, but we likely won’t pursue adventure games on the DS.
Princess Maker 5 (Gainax, PSP)
– Not sure this would fit in with the rest of our product lineup.
RIZ-ZOWAD (D3, DS)
– This game looks great, we would love to work on it if we had the opportunity.
Summon Night 1 & 2 (Bandai Namco/Banpresto, DS)
– Though this is a solid series, if we were to ever work on the series I think we would prefer a more recent title.
Destiny Links (Bandai, DS)
– Hadn’t heard of this game before, will look into it.
Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier (Bandai Namco/Banpresto, DS)
– Great series, but probably tough to bring over for us due to all the various mecha licenses used in the game. Also not sure we could gather enough interest at retail as stores are hesitant to carry games based on anime unless it’s something popular on US TV such as Dragonball Z or Naruto.