On April 26., 2019 Team17 announced that Nintendo Switch will receive a brand new update for My Time At Portia in the coming weeks. This update will include new content and features currently present in the PC version that the consoles are yet to receive. There will also be a few quality of life improvements and bug fixes.
Here is a list of everything you can expect to see in the upcoming update:
- New main story content and additional ending
- New side quests – including NPC quests and post-marriage spouse quests
- New facial types as well as facial hair and decorations
- Family features – having and adopting babies
- Birthday selection for players
- Party system – celebrate birthdays with a birthday party at your workshop!
- New clothing and furniture
- Game speed adjustment option – adjust how quickly time passes in the game
- Quality of life changes including; information filter on the map, UI changes (such as time display during fishing), adjustments to drop rates of items and adjustments to mission times.
- Rumble/vibration features for controllers
- Multiple crash fixes
Team17 also discussed in their blog post, further improving load times on Nintendo Switch.
Our team are currently looking into incrementally improving console loading times further, as well as addressing the input lag which affects in-game menus and actions and the stuttering which occurs when carrying out certain activities in game (cutting trees, for example). We’ll have more information on this soon.
Since its release earlier this month Team17 has gathered player feedback, and are currently investigating the below areas for implementation where possible:
- Adding voiceover
- Improvements to text size for better UI visibility
- Adding grass texture into the Switch version
- Creating an option to adjust the display area of the game
As always stay tuned to our social channels, as well as Team17’s to stay up to date on all things happening in the world of Portia.
What type of content would you like to see added to the world of Portia? Are you satisfied with the additions apart of the first content update to the console version? Let us know on social media or in the comments below. Are you debating on getting My Time At Portia? Check out our review here.