New D3Publisher Assets: Adventure Time, Ben 10 and Regular Show
D3Publisher have released a host of new assets in the wake of Comic-Con 2013. The new screenshots are from three of their upcoming games, Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW!, Ben 10: Omniverse 2, and Regular Show: Mordecai and Rigby In 8-bit Land.
As a big fan of the show, I am really looking forward to the newest Adventure Time video game. I have high hopes considering they are working closely with the writers of the television series to create an entirely new storyline. Ben 10: Omniverse 2 has a really interesting art style, and I look forward to seeing it in action. All of the games are slated for a “Fall 2013” release, so it looks like this fall, cartoon game fans will be spoiled for choice.
Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW! is a brand new action game from the creative minds of Pendleton Ward (creator of the award-winning Adventure Time animated series) and game developer WayForward, and is the follow-up to the mathematical, algebraic, and radical success of last year’s IGN Editors’ Choice recipient Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why’d You Steal Our Garbage?!!. The adventure begins with a completely new storyline staged in the Land of Ooo as players help Princess Bubblegum save the Candy Kingdom by exploring the mysteries surrounding a massive Secret Royal Dungeon. In Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW!, play as multiple fan-favorite characters from the show with up to four players, including Finn, Jake, Marceline, Ice King, and more and showcase your best attack moves with special abilities and skills to defeat baddies throughout the dungeon.
- Oh, My Glob! – You Can Play As Many of Your Favorite Adventure Time Characters! – Experience the radical fun of Adventure Time by playing fan-favorite characters Finn, Jake, Marceline, Cinnamon Bun and more, each with unique moves and an arsenal of creative attacks.
- Investigate and Conquer the Secret Royal Dungeon! – Help Princess Bubblegum and fight your way through 100 floors of a massive dungeon, avoiding treacherous hazards and defeating menacing enemies and bosses from the Adventure Time show!
- Brand New Storyline from Show Creator – Series creator Pendleton Ward teams up again with developer WayForward for the biggest Adventure Time experience yet in an offbeat, fun adventure for fans of all ages.
- Voiceovers from the Original TV Cast – For the first time, characters from the show come to life with voiceover provided by the award-winning original TV cast.
- Grab Your Friends for Multiplayer Fun – Play in single player or share the experience and fun of Adventure Time with your best buds in four player,
co-operative multiplayer on consoles!
- Become Stronger by Kicking Some Digital Bootays! – Equip Tokens for awesome ability boosts and arm your characters with Sub-Weapons to complement your attacks against some of the baddest enemies throughout the dungeon like Gunter’s Kitten, Goliad and Stormo, Ice King, and Gumball Guardians.
Release Date: Fall 2013[/expand] [expand title=”Click here for Ben 10: Omniverse 2 fact sheet”]
Ben 10: Omniverse 2™ is the latest installment in the top-selling global interactive franchise from D3Publisher and Cartoon Network Enterprises that sets players off on an all-new adventure with Ben and his Omnitrix-powered alien forms as he battles against a new galactic threat, the Incurseans. Heading to Earth with his partner Azmuth, creator of the Omnitrix by his side, the two venture into the Incursean’s intergalactic warship to try and thwart Emperor Mileous. Players will face brand new challenges including chase and escape sequences, as well as an onslaught of battles against the forces of evil creating the most dynamic Ben 10 game to date.
- All-New Storyline – Fight against the Incurseans in an all-new storyline created by the writers of Cartoon Network’s action-packed TV show.
- Play as Favorite Characters from the Show – Take Ben and his group of Omnitrix Aliens into battle against an onslaught of vicious enemies in a multiplayer co-op brawler mode.
- New Alien Forms to Discover – Join the fight with 10 alien forms on console and 17 on Nintendo 3DS™, including Big Chill, Bullfrag, Rath, Eatle, and more, each with their own role in combat and platforming.
- Alien Upgrades! – The Omnitrix now selects aliens by class on console, allowing players to store their favorite aliens by size and speed and select them on the fly as needed.
- Fight Against the Incurseans – Brawl with the Incursean army with an open-ended combo-based combat system allowing players to perform multi-alien attacks and a powerful combo finisher move in the fastest Ben 10 game ever.
Release Date: Fall 2013
[/expand] [expand title=”Click here for Regular Show: Mordecai and Rigby in 8-bit Land fact sheet”]
Making its first foray into the video game world, Regular Show: Mordecai and Rigby In 8-bit Land brings best buds Mordecai and Rigby and their adventures from the Emmy® Award-winning animated comedy to the Nintendo 3DS™. When Mordecai and Rigby get transported into some mysterious video games, they’ll have to use their best skills and unique abilities to traverse the various challenges to escape and get back home in this brand-new ‘eggscellent’ journey. This hi-jinx filled adventure is packed with action platforming, side-scroller space shooting, old-school top down video game mania, and comes fully loaded with fan-favorite characters and humor from the show. Developed by WayForward, in close collaboration with the show’s creator JG Quintel, Mordecai and Rigby prove that a day in the life of Regular Show is anything but.
- Play as Mordecai and Rigby – Use their unique powers to battle epic bosses and escape 8-Bit Land in one piece!
- Creative Involvement with Regular Show Creator – Original storyline and concept written by series creator JG Quintel.
- Battle Mordecai and Rigby’s Greatest Enemies – Watch out for enemies with powerful attack moves that look to thwart Mordecai and Rigby’s escape from this diabolical death trap, including tough guys, mutant jellyfish, the seemingly invulnerable The Hammer, and more.
- Three Different Old-School Games in One Awesome Adventure – This unique action adventure gameplay challenges players to master different game modes including action platforming, side-scroller space shooting, and top down shooters.
- Collect and Unlock Regular Show Favorites – Collect fanny packs, golden tapes, and more to unlock awesome Regular Show exclusives like concept art.
- Get 8-Bit! – Regular Show reimagined! Go old-school in awesome retro style 8-bit graphics – a perfect fit for the 80s-inspired show.
Release Date: Fall 2013[/expand]