New RPG The Legend of Legacy from Former Square Enix Developers
A group of former Square Enix staff are working with developer FuRyu to bring a new RPG to the 3DS in Japan.
The Legend of Legacy, due for release in January 2015, is described as an open-ended game where players are given a specific goal at the beginning, but can proceed towards completing that goal any way they like.
Players will select a three-person party from an available cast of seven:
- Eloise: A 24-year-old doctor who uses alchemy to research immortality. She comes across as nothing but sexy, but Eloise can be serious – she can also be very scary when provoked.
- Liber: An 18-year-old, energetic and optimistic treasure hunter in search of weatlh, he has a strong sense of justice and despises crooked things.
- Bianca: Her age is unknown – Bianca woke up with no memories, apart from her name. Her gentle personality and kind nature belie her inner strength, while she searches for her memories.
- Meurs: A 27-year-old man and descendent of the “Spirit Messengers” clan. This clan was previously known to have the ability to communicate with spirits.
- Garnet: A 20-year-old Emilia Church knight, Garnet is earnest, stubborn, and inflexible in her attitude as well as her allegiance to the Knights.
- Owen: A 36-year-old man who calls himself a baron. No one knows where the greedy and arrogant Owen comes from, and this bounty hunter will do whatever it takes to get his money.
- Filmia: A male frog of unknown age, he was once the prince of a country of frogs on Avalon. Polite and gentlemanly, Filmia moves at his own pace and often sings when feeling cheerful.
Check out the trailer below to see this great-looking game in action.
The Legend of Legacy is set for Japanese release on January 22, 2015. Let us know your thoughts in this upcoming RPG in the comments section.