With Comic-Con starting in San Diego very soon, all eyes are squarely focused on the major event for the latest pop culture news and information. Naturally, Nintendo will be there to showcase some Nintendo Switch titles.
This year, Nintendo’s booth at the convention centre in San Diego will focus squarely on one of the biggest titles coming to Switch this year: MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: The Black Order. Conveniently, the game is launching during the show on July 19 and The game will be playable on the showroom floor. . It will also feature as part of the Marvel Games panel taking place at 1:30 p.m. on Thursday, July 18, in Hall H.
If Marvel ain’t your thing (there might be one or two of you out there) then the Big N has you covered too. Fans can access more games at the Nintendo Gaming Lounge in the San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina at 333 W. Harbor Drive – that’s directly adjacent to the San Diego Convention Center. Even better, access to the lounge is free and ready to bring a smile to everyone’s face.
A whole host of games will be playable at the Nintendo Gaming Lounge, including the likes of:
- Pokémon Sword
- Pokémon Shield
- Luigi’s Mansion 3
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening
- Super Mario Maker 2
- MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: The Black Order
- Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer Featuring The Legend of Zelda.
Collectors might want to wander over to the Mattel booth in the convention center to check the all-new Hot Wheels Mario Kart die-cast vehicles and tracksets. Attendees can also purchase a San Diego Comic-Con exclusive item: a Metal Mario die-cast car and glider. Your purchase may even contain an extra surprise, with one out of every 10 vehicles featuring a special Gold Mario. The vehicles will be sold exclusively at the Mattel booth for $20 while supplies last.
There’s plenty more on offer over the three days in San Diego for Nintendo fans. Here’s the rundown of other Nintendo-related activities:
- Southwest Airlines: Two Super Mario Maker 2 kiosks will feature a custom Southwest Airlines course. Consumers will be encouraged to participate in open gameplay sessions July 18-19. On July 20, fans who are 13+ can visit the Nintendo Gaming Lounge and play Super Mario Maker 2 to enter for a chance to win a Nintendo Switch prize pack, which includes a Nintendo Switch system, a digital version of the Super Mario Maker 2 game and a $500 Southwest Airlines gift card.
- Costumes: Representatives from Disguise Costumes will be walking around to show off Nintendo-themed character costumes. Attendees might run into people wearing costumes of characters like Mario, Link, Zelda, Toad, Luigi, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Rosalina or Yoshi.
- Sugarfina: The luxury candy boutique will debut its new collection celebrating the Nintendo Entertainment System and Super Mario Bros. Power up with six character-inspired Candy Cubes, including three new gummies: pineapple Invincible Stars, apple-flavored Green Mushrooms and cherry-flavored Red Mushrooms. The collector’s gift set features the 3-Piece Nintendo Entertainment System Console Candy Bento Box complete with iconic game music and matching 2-piece Controller Candy Bento Box. The collection hits stores on July 22.
- Hot Wheels: The Nintendo Gaming Lounge is the only place to play with the new Hot Wheels Mario Kart die-cast vehicles and tracksets inspired by iconic courses from the video game. Race Mario and Yoshi as die-cast karts and overcome obstacles and challenges – just like in the game, but this time on Hot Wheels tracks!
- Photo Ops: Fans who stop by the lounge can get fun photos featuring elements from games like Super Mario Maker 2, Pokémon Sword, Pokémon Shield and Luigi’s Mansion 3. Keep an eye open for the Luigi and Gooigi figures.
- My Nintendo Check-In: San Diego Comic-Con also happens to be the same weekend as the final Splatfest for the Splatoon 2 game. To commemorate this epic showdown, attendees can check in with their My Nintendo QR Code at the Nintendo Gaming Lounge to receive an exclusive Splatoon 2 Chaos vs. Order keychain set (while supplies last). For more information about the My Nintendo rewards program, and how to check in, visit https://my.nintendo.com/news.
- The Nintendo Gaming Lounge is located in the San Diego ballroom of the Marriott Marquis & Marina at 333 W. Harbor Drive in San Diego. Hours of operation are from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday-Saturday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday.
Are you heading to the San Diego Comic-con this week? Let us know your favorite encounters during the convention.