Mondays bring such promise as we look to the future of the eShop in Europe. This Thursday sees a multitude of releases across both the 3DS and Wii U, in particular the highly-anticipated Super Mario Maker. There are plenty of other releases and discounts to tempt your virtual wallet.
Check out the full list of upcoming releases below, and let us know which games will be downloading to your systems this week.
Wii U eShop
- The Swindle (Curve Digital, €12.49 / £9.99 until 24th September, then €14.99 / £11.99) – this steampunk, cybercrime caper involves randomly-generated stages where you’ll need to break into buildings, hack their systems and steal their cash, and escape before the police arrive. There’s an overlying 100 day time-limit as you plan your schemes, using stolen funds to buy abilities and unlock new areas.
- Star Sky (JMJ Interactive, €4.00 / £3.60) – take your time with this relaxing game, described as an interactive poem. You’ll follow the story of a man walking through a starlit field, with secrets to unlock and alternative endings, all set in a soothing atmosphere where you’ll be encouraged to take your time through the different scenarios.
Wii U Retail Download
- Super Mario Maker (Nintendo, €39.99 / £34.99) – one of the year’s biggest Wii U releases is finally here, and this one conveniently coincides with the 30th anniversary of Nintendo’s main man, Mario. The GamePad is your key in this game, providing all the tools necessary to not only create and share 2D Mario levels, but to build them in ways that extend well beyond the traditional Mario games. With potentially endless levels to play, we loved this so much that we described it as an exemplary Wii U game in our Super Mario Maker review. Available from 11th September.
Wii U eShop Temporary Discounts
- Trine Enchanted Edition (Frozenbyte, €6.49 / £5.49 until 10th October, normally €12.99 / £10.99)
- Trine 2: Director’s Cut (Frozenbyte, €8.49 / £6.99 until 10th October, normally €16.99 / £13.99)
- TNT Racers – Nitro Machines Edition (Keen Games, €4.99 / £4.49 until 1st October, normally €7.99 / £6.99)
3DS Retail Downloads
- Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX (SEGA, €39.99 / £29.99) – enormously popular in Japan, this game has plenty to do, from the core rhythm game experience, to outfit and house customizations, to a Puyo Puyo mode. Available from 11th September.
- Etrian Mystery Dungeon (NIS America, €39.99 / £34.99) – this cross-over, co-developed by Atlus and Spike Chunsoft, combines the Etrian Odyssey and Mystery Dungeon concepts into a squad-based approach with randomly-generated dungeons to explore.
3DS Retail DLC
- Etrian Mystery Dungeon: Find a wanderer for me (NIS America, €1.79 / £1.59)
- Etrian Mystery Dungeon: Know the Red Pookas (NIS America, €1.79 / £1.59)
- Etrian Mystery Dungeon: Find a princess for me (NIS America, €1.79 / £1.59)
- Etrian Mystery Dungeon: Find a landsknecht for me (NIS America, €1.34 / £1.19)
- Etrian Mystery Dungeon: Slay the Gold Guardians (NIS America, €1.34 / £1.19)
3DS eShop Temporary Discounts
- AeternoBlade (Corecell, €7.99 / £7.19 until 8th October, normally €14.99 / £13.50)
- AiRace Speed (QubicGames, €2.39 / £2.10until 8th October, normally €3.49 / £3.10)
- AiRace Xeno (QubicGames, €1.69 / £1.59until 8th October, normally €2.49 / £2.29)
- escapeVektor (Nnooo, €3.49 / £ 2.99 until 24th September, normally €6.99 / £5.99)
3DS eShop Demo
- Samurai Defender (CIRCLE Entertainment, free)