Nintendo download – February 5 eShop Releases (Europe)
It comes around all too quickly, but it’s time to check out this week’s list of games hitting the eShop in the European region. This week we have plenty of action, from Shantae the genie to Mega Man’s classic adventures, and even that Monster Hunter 4 demo everyone was clamoring over a couple of weeks ago. Now anyone can play it, so go and enjoy it!
Check out the full list below and let us know which titles will be eating those spare megabytes on your hardware this week.
Wii U eShop
- Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse (WayForward, €16.99 / £15.99) – this third Shantae outing sees our heroine genie team-up with former nemesis Risky Boots to go up against a new pirate foe. We praised this fun and challenging platformer as a quality title in our Shantae review.
- Alphadia Genesis (Natsume, €14.99 / £11.99) – an RPG coming from smartphones that features intense battles and dynamic camera angles.
- Frenchy Bird (Carbon Fire Studio, €1.99 / £1.79) – yet another flappy bird-inspired game, this one happens to be set in Paris with a semi-3D isometric perspective. There’s some leaderboards and Miiverse thrown in to give some variety too.
Wii U Virtual Console
- Mega Man Zero 2 (Capcom, €6.99 / £6.29) – Mega Man continues the Virtual Console love with this 2003 title from the Game Boy Advance, and the story picks up one year after its Game Boy Advance predecessor. This platform action game was well-received at the time, with improvements on the original plus plenty of the qualities that helped it stand out.
Curve Studios Wii U Promotion
The following extra discount prices – above standard discounts – are available if you already own a Curve Studios game on the same Wii U – these are Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones, Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut, The Swapper and Thomas Was Alone.
- Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones (€9.99 / £9.49 or €8.99 / £7.99 if you own another Curve Studios game, valid until 19th February, normally €13.99 / £12.99)
- Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut (€8.99 / £7.49 or €7.49 / £6.49 if you own another Curve Studios game, valid until 19th February, normally €11.99 / £9.99)
- The Swapper (€10.99 / £8.99 or €9.49 / £7.49 if you own another Curve Studios game, valid until 19th February, normally €14.99 / £11.99)
- Thomas Was Alone (€5.99 / £4.99 or €4.99 / £4.49 if you own another Curve Studios game, valid until 19th February, normally €7.99 / £6.99)
Wii U eShop Temporary Discount
- Darts Up (EnjoyUp Games, €1.49 / £1.34 until 26th February, normally €2.49 / £2.29)
Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse (WayForward, €8.49 / £7.99 on the second format if you’ve already downloaded the game on your Wii U or 3DS)
- Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse (WayForward, €16.99 / £15.99) – the original format for this release, showing off with stereoscopic 3D. We praised this fantastic game in our Shantae review for 3DS.
- Best of Board Games – Mahjong (Bigben Interactive, €9.99 / £8.99) – this entry into the Mahjong gaming genre supplies 60 boards to play your tiles on.
- Best of Arcade Games – Brick Breaker (Bigben Interactive, €9.99 / £8.99) – this title boasts 50 levels of brick-breaking arcade fun, with a twist that allows you to control the ball in the final few seconds of a stage.
3DS eShop Temporary Discounts
- Football Up Online (EnjoyUp Games, €2.99 / £2.69 until 26th February, normally €3.99 / £3.59)
- Darts Up 3D (EnjoyUp Games, €0.99 / £0.89 until 26th February, normally €2.99 / £2.69)
- Football Up 3D (EnjoyUp Games, €1.99 / £1.57 until 26th February, normally €2.99 / £2.36)
- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (Capcom, free)
3DS HOME Themes
- NES Sword-swinging Link (Nintendo, €1.99 / £1.79)
- NES Samus Aran (Nintendo, €1.99 / £1.79)