Nintendo Download – June 5th
REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Tomodachi Life – What happens when friends, family and celebrities become Mii characters and live on an island? Tomodachi Life, that’s what! Give Mii characters items, voices and personalities, then watch as they rap, rock, eat donuts, play sports, dress like dinosaurs, ride a roller coaster, walk a fashion show runway and dream about being a snail. Wait…what?! In Tomodachi Life, Mii characters hang out, play concerts, engage in rap battles and even partake in cool games like Tomodachi Quest, a mini-RPG adventure. Expect the unexpected – Tomodachi Life will be available on June 6. Click here to check out the trailer for the game.
- NintendoeShop on Wii U and Nintendo3DS
- 1001 Spikes – Discover the lost treasures of Ukampa in South America as Aban Hawkins goes to look for his estranged father, world-famous archaeologist Jim Hawkins. Devious traps and cleverly designed levels ensure a variety of challenges that will test the limits of your skills, reflexes and patience. One adventurer. 1001 Lives. Can you do it? 1001 Spikes is now available in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. Check out the exclusive interview with the game’s developer here.
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 – Choose your Dragon Racer, soar through clouds and explore new unmapped territories. Discover hidden locations, unlock mysterious Dragon Riders and join in epic races across the beautiful yet treacherous Island of Berk. The How to Train Your Dragon 2 game will be available in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS on June 10. Click here to check out the trailer for the game.
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap – The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap plays a pivotal part in the Four Swords storyline of The Legend of Zelda series, and is the first and only game in which Link explores the land of the Minish – a tiny, mysterious kingdom on the surface of Hyrule. That makes this unique entry in The Legend of Zelda series a must-play for new and old fans alike. Inventive items like the Mole Mitts and Gust Jar give Link powers he’ll need to use wisely if he wants to save the puzzling world of Hyrule and the miniature land of the Minish. When there’s a princess to save, a bad guy to beat and you’re THIS small, the stakes could not be higher.
- Wii U System Update
- Don’t forget to update your Wii U system – Don’t miss out on some great enhancements to your Wii U experience, including a Quick Start menu that lets you view and select your 10 most recently used games and apps right as your Wii U system starts up. For more information about the update, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/
- NintendoeShop Sales
- Conception™II: Children of the Seven Stars – For a limited time, Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars is available at the discounted price of $29.99 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS. Select downloadable content from the game is also available at a discounted price. This offer ends at 9 a.m. PT on June 9.
- Just Dance® Game Sale – For a limited time, save 50 percent on select Just Dance games in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U, including Just Dance® 2014. This offer ends at 9 a.m. PT on June 9.
- Bit Boy!! ARCADE – Help Kubi and Bernd through this action-focused time-traveling adventure. Starting today through 9 a.m. PT on June 26, Bit Boy!! ARCADE is 40 percent off in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- Treva Entertainment Game Sale – For a limited time, Treva Entertainment is discounting select games in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS, including Riding Stables 3D and Riding Stables 3D: Jumping For the Team. This offer ends at 9 a.m. PT on June 25.
Also new this week:
- Color Zen (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Chubbins (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- I’ve Got to Run! (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to the Nintendo eShop on the Wii U system, as well as the Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo 3DS XL systems, the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console.
The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in the Nintendo eShop on either Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in either Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Network account.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Wii Points Card™ and Nintendo DSi Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one card must be redeemed in either the Wii Shop Channel or the Nintendo DSi Shop, respectively. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.
Remember that Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu, http://www.nintendo.com/wii, http://www.nintendo.com/3ds or http://www.nintendo.com/ds.