Nintendo PR: Nintendo Download Highlights New Digital Content for Nintendo Systems
REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
- NintendoeShop on Nintendo3DS
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS – Free Demo – Nintendo 3DS owners can download a free demo for the upcoming all-star fighting game in the Nintendo eShop starting at 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 19. This demo includes five playable characters (Mario, Link, Pikachu, Villager and Mega Man), one stage (Battlefield) and the ability to compete in local multiplayer matches with fellow Nintendo 3DS owners who have downloaded the demo to their systems. A Nintendo Network ID is required to download the demo. For more details about the game, visit http://www.smashbros.com/us/.
- THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL – Featuring new Versus and Quest Medley Modes alongside 221 songs and more than 60 characters from the Final Fantasy series, THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL is now available, exclusively for Nintendo 3DS. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
- Cooking Mama 5: Bon Appétit – Conquer the kitchen as you bake, batter and roll 60 of Mama’s favorite oven-fresh meals and tasty treats. She also needs your help with 30 fun new activities like feeding kittens and running the burger shop. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
- Virtual Console on Nintendo3DS
- Legend of the River King™ 2 – An angel appears to you and your brother, asking you to track down the River King and the Sea King, the biggest fish in the world. But before you’re ready to begin the search for the elusive water beasts, you’ll need to score smaller fry to feed yourselves and save up to purchase better tackle and rods. With all manner of angling to enjoy, from freshwater fly-fishing to deep-sea trolling to collecting a variety of insects and plant life, you’ll have hours of fun in this role-playing adventure.
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- Wild Guns™ – Blast your way through villainous outlaws, diabolical robots and towering, screen-filling bosses either by yourself or with a friend at your side in the Super NES classic, Wild Guns. You’ll need a sharp eye and quick-on-the-draw reflexes, but fortunately, you’ve got plenty of moves to help you survive the hail of bullets heading your way. You can dive-roll, jump, double jump, rope enemies with a lasso and clear the screen with explosive special attacks. Blast apart just about everything in the environment to find guns, bombs and other hidden power-ups. It’s up to you to bring justice back to town – or whatever’s left of it when the smoke clears.
- NintendoeShop Sales
- A new batch of deals has been added to the Super Smashing Sale! Save up to 39 percent on select games starring fighters from the upcoming Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS game. This week includes veteran fighters Pikachu, Samus and more. Check out the deals at http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/
- Moon Chronicles and Mutant Mudds from Renegade Kid are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 2 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- Shin Megami Tensei IV, Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars and more ATLUS games will be on sale at 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 22 through 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 29 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- Strike Force Foxx, Coaster Creator 3D and many other fun Big John Games are on sale in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS for up to 50 percent off. This offer is valid until 8:49 a.m. PT on Oct. 2.
- Classic Games Overload: Card & Puzzle Edition is 50 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $14.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 6 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- Hyrule Warriors – Sept. 26 (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Mario Golf: Advance Tour – Sept. 25 (Virtual Console on Wii U)
- Castlevania: Dracula X – Oct. 2 (Virtual Console on Wii U)
Also new this week:
- Arrow Time U (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- SPIKEY WALLS (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- FIFA 15 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Horse Vet 3D (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Secret Empires of the Ancient World (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to the Nintendo eShop on the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console.
The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in the Nintendo eShop on either Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in either Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Network account.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop.
Remember that Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visithttp://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.